Process for U.S. J-1 visa

U.S. J-1 Cultural Exchange Visitors Status: Intern Category

When you decide to hire a co-op student (intern), first discuss logistics about the job:

  • Start and end dates of the work period
  • Compensation details
  • Relocation expenses, such as travel and housing assistance
  • Payment of administrative fee for the J-1 visa

Students will most likely require a U.S. J-1 visa to intern in the USA.

As the employer, you are required to:

For preferred sponsor pricing and services, or any visa-related questions, please contact CEE's International Employment Specialist (USA) at or call +1877-928-4473.

CEE and the sponsor provide the students with pre-departure orientation that includes information on taxes, SSN, health insurance, risk management and more.