We know from recent research done with over 74,000 work-term job descriptions that employers across all industries are looking for students with digital skills to help transition the way they do business. That’s why we’ve launched our new Waterloo Experience (WE) Accelerate program – to give you more ways to connect with our tech-savvy students who can help fill your talent pipeline!
WE Accelerate is a robust alternative to a traditional co-op work term for first work term students. The program combines future-ready, in-demand skill development content (co-created with industry partners) with team-based project experience and job search/employability development content.
If you don’t have the capacity to hire a student for a traditional 8- to 16-week work term, this is a great way to harness our students’ bright minds for shorter projects.
- Website design for desktop and mobile
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Online customer relationship management
- Social media, email, and video marketing
- Website and social media analytics
- Office productivity software
Do you have projects that require digital expertise?
We are still seeking more projects from employers to be completed this July-August 2021 (120 hours in length) that align with the skills above to help our students apply what they’ve learned.
Each project will be assigned a team of five students to help tackle the problem your organization has provided. In return, we ask that you guide the students through your project, provide them with feedback and assess their performance at the end of the project to help them keep learning. We also encourage participating employers to provide a small award for each student's work on their projects, if at all possible.
By taking part in this new offering, you’re not only gaining our students’ digital skills and cross-disciplinary creativity on the projects you provide – you’re also investing in student talent to help the next generation of graduates prepare for the future workforce!
How our students can help support your projects
The University of Waterloo and other organizations across the globe have hired co-op students to assist with both small- and large-scale projects. Here are a few examples of digital projects that our students have supported in the past:
- Creating videos to help promote an organization and/or sell the benefits of products and services
- Setting up social media accounts and/or planning social media campaigns
- Designing and/or optimizing websites for search and mobile
- Collecting and interpreting website and social media analytics
- Auditing an organization’s online presence for completeness, accessibility, design, etc.
- Brainstorming a content marketing calendar and/or producing content in various mediums
- Identifying opportunities for free and paid online advertising
- Organizing/visualizing data in Excel and/or developing PowerPoint Presentations
- And more!
If you have questions or a project that can use some digital expertise this July-August, connect with your Account Manager to learn more about WE Accelerate and how to take part!
If you haven't hired with us before, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a Business Developer will reach out to answer your questions.