With so much of today’s hiring happening remotely, we have launched our WaterlooWorks integrated webcam feature that makes it easier than ever to conduct your interviews online, without all the coordination!
With this functionality, you won’t have to set up individual interviews, use third-party software to generate links, or liaise with each student individually to coordinate or troubleshoot your webcam interviews. Instead, you’ll just choose your candidates to create an interview schedule in WaterlooWorks, they’ll select a timeslot from the options provided, and you’ll be sent ONE link to access each interview directly from your browser - no logins or third-party software needed. It’s that simple!
Some other features of the integrated webcam functionality include:
- One secure link sent straight to the interviewer(s) email that will give you access to your virtual interview room and list of interviewees
- Résumés and cover letters pulled straight from WaterlooWorks, so you can have a student’s application on hand during your interview
- Embedded code editor to assess a student’s coding abilities
- Embedded chat feature in case you need to send your interviewee a message during your interview
- Support offered via chat, phone and email
- Easy-to-use interface and standard features like the ability to share your screen and turn your webcam and audio off and on, etc.
- For a full list of features, check out our video below!
We’re excited about this functionality and the benefits it can provide for our employers and students alike! If you'd like to take advantage of this exciting webcam technology, be sure to make your interview reservation early so you can choose your preferred date from the available options. This ensures that you’ll get the best support from our staff and also helps our students to plan ahead as they balance their interviews on top of their academics.
- Make your interview reservation as usual and select “WaterlooWorks Integrated Webcam” as your preferred interview method.
- For the best interview experience, we strongly recommend the following:
- Use a laptop or desktop and avoid using mobile devices
- Use the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or EDGE Chromium (find out which browser is your default here)
- Please note: Internet Explorer (IE) is not supported
- Disable any VPN connections
- Confirm your video and audio devices are configured and supported by completing a quick diagnostic test here.
- The day before your interview, you will receive an email that contains all the necessary details to host your interviews, including a secure link to your virtual interview room and list of interviewees.
- On the day of your interview:
- Click the "My Online Schedule" secure link sent to you via email to access your virtual interview room and list of interviewees. This link can be opened directly through one of the browsers above with no logins or third-party software necessary.
- The page that opens will show your complete interview schedule for that day and will serve as a virtual interview room with unique “Join” buttons next to each individual interview.
- The “Join” button will become active 10 minutes before the candidate's scheduled interview.
- Select the “Join” button beside your first candidate to begin.
- If the browser asks for microphone and camera permissions, be sure to allow them.
- When each interview is complete, select the red “Leave” button to return to your list of interviewees, and select the “Join” button beside the next interviewee.
- Please note: if you leave and re-enter an interview, the interviewee chat and code editor will lose all previously entered information.
For an overview of what to expect and how to use this integrated webcam functionality, check out our video below.
If you need help at any point while attending a WaterlooWorks integrated webcam interview, you can contact our support team using the chat feature embedded in the online meeting or contact the CEE Hub directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 519-888-4026.
Hear feedback from other employers!