30 minutes ago, you were peacefully sleeping in your bed, dreaming of drama free printers, your dream soon turns into a nightmare when you realize that your printer is having none of it and won’t even turn on. Your 15-page essay is due today, you sprint to the Dana Porter Library to try to get it printed. Your heart is racing, knees are sweat, and arms are heavy. Finally, you reach an available printer and you think to yourself, “where da aux?” A wonderful library staff person appears from behind the circulation desk and assists you, you owe your whole life/degree to them. The end. But for those of us that aren’t so lucky to be graced with the presence of a Library staff. But never fear, the Library Ambassadors are here to save the day!
Hello, my name is Maryam Shaker-Azab, I am a second year Kin Student. As a library ambassador one of my responsibilities is to raise awareness and help students access library services. I love helping others out and giving back to the campus community, and this job has really helped to do so. Through my interactions with others I have found that it is important to clearly and efficiently give instructions. Being good at giving instructions allows us to use our time efficiently, solve problems and avoid conflict. In my job giving instructions is super important when I am helping out a student find or use a resource. A lot of Students have a difficult time figuring out how to use the printers and I completely understand the confusion, I have created a step by step guide that will help you finish your printing job from start to finish, smoothly.
Steps if you are printing using your laptop
- Log in to and use your WATIAM info.
- Check the amount you have on your Watcard
- Click “web job” from the left side menu.
- Click on “submit job” which is underlined and written in blue.
- You will be taken to a page with all available printers across campus, chose the printer closest to you. If you are in the Witer Learning Resource Centre or WLRC, you can quickly find those printers by typing in the search box “Opt”
- When you have chosen a printer, select "Print Options and Account Selection" icon.
- Choose the number of copies
- Upload your document from your computer
- Before printing you can see how much it costs to print the document(s), make sure you have enough to complete the printing job
- After you have chosen your documents, "Jobs Pending Release" on the left sidebar of the uPrint home page to print your documents.