Due to the nature of the activities which take place in our facilities, familiarity with our health and safety resources and training is vital for all students and staff.
For campus Health Services, please visit https://uwaterloo.ca/health-services/.
In case of emergency call:
- Ambulance 911
- Fire alarms pull station for fire department
- UW Health Services ext. 33544
- UW Police ext. 22222
- Plant Operations ext. 33793
- Poison Control Centre or 1-800-268-9017
We require mandatory health and safety training for everyone in the Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering.
All working (paid or unpaid) positions (including graduate students and undergraduate students) MUST complete the following computer-based training courses:
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) - Employees excluding undergraduates
- WHMIS - for undergraduate students only
- Employee safety -health and safety on-line training
- Workplace Violence Awareness