Aspire. Inspire. Transform.
Waterloo's School of Public Health and Health Systems is training a new generation of leaders, researchers, and change agents, adept at thinking and responding to the complex adaptive systems that affect health and health care.
Together, we are seeking innovative solutions to some of the major health challenges of our time.
Meet our experts in:
- Chronic disease prevention and management - helping to analyse and improve national and international health policies and regulations of chronic disease through understanding and altering social, economic, political, and cultural determinants
- Food and water safety, security, and governance - examining the global health impact of food and water safety and security through epidemiology of food and water borne disease, nutrition management, and medical geography
- Global health - examining how globalizing processes impact economic development, health, healthcare and education
- Health and aging - taking an integrative approach to the biological, psychological, social, and environmental determinants of health and wellness focused on the life-course trajectory of aging in individuals
- Health and environment - investigating the impacts of the built environment, environmental degradation, urbanization, globalisation on population health
- Health informatics - developing and utilizing health sciences and information technologies to support and improve the status of individual and community health
- Health policy and health systems - investigating and evaluating health care systems and improving their integration and efficiency through the design of diagnostics, treatment, and analytic and assessment tools
- Healthy workplaces - examining occupational health and safety risks and designing interventions to improve health and wellness in the workplace and develop more effective safety management systems
- Mar. 15, 2018
Affordable access to quality medical diagnosis in low- and middle-income countries is the focus of research that Susan Horton, professor in the School of Public Health and Health Systems and the Department of Economics at the University of Waterloo, is having published in The Lancet, the world’s oldest and best-known med
- Mar. 14, 2018
Note: the deadline for submissions has been extended to Monday, March 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Mar. 12, 2018
- Apr. 25, 2018
SoAR is a one-day event for graduate students to present on and dialogue about aging research with fellow students, faculty and research partners!