Aspire. Inspire. Transform.
Waterloo's School of Public Health and Health Systems is training a new generation of leaders, researchers, and change agents, adept at thinking and responding to the complex adaptive systems that affect health and health care.
Together, we are seeking innovative solutions to some of the major health challenges of our time.
Meet our experts in:
- Chronic disease prevention and management - helping to analyse and improve national and international health policies and regulations of chronic disease through understanding and altering social, economic, political, and cultural determinants
- Food and water safety, security, and governance - examining the global health impact of food and water safety and security through epidemiology of food and water borne disease, nutrition management, and medical geography
- Global health - examining how globalizing processes impact economic development, health, healthcare and education
- Health and aging - taking an integrative approach to the biological, psychological, social, and environmental determinants of health and wellness focused on the life-course trajectory of aging in individuals
- Health and environment - investigating the impacts of the built environment, environmental degradation, urbanization, globalisation on population health
- Health informatics - developing and utilizing health sciences and information technologies to support and improve the status of individual and community health
- Health policy and health systems - investigating and evaluating health care systems and improving their integration and efficiency through the design of diagnostics, treatment, and analytic and assessment tools
- Healthy workplaces - examining occupational health and safety risks and designing interventions to improve health and wellness in the workplace and develop more effective safety management systems
- Aug. 3, 2018
Individuals between the ages of 15-22 are at increased odds for substance use disorders, says a study published in the Canadian Journal of Psychiatry this month.
- Aug. 1, 2018
Eva Neufeld, a valued member of the School of Public Health and Health Systems community, passed away on July 27 after a five-year battle with cancer.
- July 23, 2018
A newly published study from the University of Waterloo shows that when activity in a specific part of the brain is suppressed, our desire for high-calorie foods increases.
- Sep. 5, 2018
New graduate students in thesis-based programs (MSc, PhD) are invited to this School of Public Health and Health Systems (SPHHS) Orientation session.
- Sep. 5, 2018
Hosted by the School of Public Health and Health Systems Graduate Student Association (SPHHS GSA), the Fall Social at The Huether is an evening out in Uptown Waterloo for current and incoming students in the School of Public Health and Health Systems. Come join your peers for free food and good times.