Aspire. Inspire. Transform.
Waterloo's School of Public Health Sciences is training a new generation of leaders, researchers, and change agents, adept at thinking and responding to the complex adaptive systems that affect health and health care.
Together, we are seeking innovative solutions to some of the major health challenges of our time.
Meet our experts in:
- Chronic disease prevention and management - helping to analyse and improve national and international health policies and regulations of chronic disease through understanding and altering social, economic, political, and cultural determinants
- Food and water safety, security, and governance - examining the global health impact of food and water safety and security through epidemiology of food and water borne disease, nutrition management, and medical geography
- Global health - examining how globalizing processes impact economic development, health, healthcare and education
- Health and aging - taking an integrative approach to the biological, psychological, social, and environmental determinants of health and wellness focused on the life-course trajectory of aging in individuals
- Health and environment - investigating the impacts of the built environment, environmental degradation, urbanization, globalisation on population health
- Health informatics - developing and utilizing health sciences and information technologies to support and improve the status of individual and community health
- Health neuroscience and cognitive epidemiology - examining reciprocal relationships between lifestyle, lifespan development, and sociodemographic factors and brain health on the level of whole populations
- Health policy and health systems - investigating and evaluating health care systems and improving their integration and efficiency through the design of diagnostics, treatment, and analytic and assessment tools
- Healthy workplaces - examining occupational health and safety risks and designing interventions to improve health and wellness in the workplace and develop more effective safety management systems
- May 13, 2021
The School of Public Health and Health Systems is pleased to announce that our name will change to the School of Public Health Sciences this year. Starting June 1, 2021, our website will reflect this update, followed by our social media platforms. The change will not be fully in effect until later in the year, but most instances of the new name should be complete by September 1.
- Mar. 27, 2020
Stay up-to-date with the latest information and advisories on the coronavirus.
Faculty members are also available to comment in media on various aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- June 11, 2021
Two University of Waterloo Health Studies students are being recognized for exceptional contributions to cancer research during their co-op terms at the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
- June 18, 2021
Convocation is the culmination of years of hard work and dedication. The University of Waterloo is proud to honour the many accomplishments of our 2021 Faculty of Health graduates and will mark this milestone with a virtual convocation ceremony.