Welcome to the Public Health program!
Please see below for detailed information about your first year courses and course enrollment.
Fall term: September to December
You will be automatically enrolled you in your three (3) required courses. In July, you will log into Quest to request your two (2) elective courses.
- HLTH 101 - Introduction to Health (lecture and tutorial; 0.5 units)
- HLTH 103 - Biological Determinants of Health (lecture; 0.5 units)
- HEALTH 107 - Sociology of Activity, Health, and Well-being (lecture; 0.5 units)
Requesting your electives in Quest
In July, you'll log into Quest to request your two (2) fall-term electives. Review our course selection instructions for Public Health students. We've also prepared some suggestions to help you decide which electives you might want to take.
Later in July you'll be able to view your schedule and make any changes if necessary.
Winter term: January to April
In September, you'll log into Quest to request all of your winter term courses. You are responsible for enrolling in all your four (4) required courses and your one (1) winter-term elective courses.
- HLTH 102 - Introduction to Health 2 (lecture and tutorial; 0.5 units)
- HLTH 245 - Canadian Health Systems (lecture; 0.5 units)
- HEALTH 150 - Foundations of Human Anatomy and Physiology (lecture; 0.5 units)
- PSYCH 101 - Introductory Psychology (lecture; 0.5 units)
Review the information and suggestions for choosing one (1) elective course.
Check the important dates webpage for the dates for course selection, viewing your winter term schedule, and the drop/add period.
Find the information you need
We always use email to contact you with important information, so make sure you check it regularly.
We know that university life can seem intimidating, that's why we’re here to help. If you have questions about the program, your Offer of Admission, or your class schedule, please contact us.