Our Undergraduate Programs
18 BSc majors to choose from, starting in that major in your first year*
Canada's only co-op School of Pharmacy^
Canada's only School of Optometry and Vision Science taught in English^
*with the exception of Psychology ^requires prior undergraduate studies before admission
Why Science at Waterloo?
Innovation and research excellence
- Waterloo has been ranked, for the 26th year in a row, Maclean's Magazine's most innovative university in Canada.
- We are known as a powerhouse of discovery and research, holding numerous awards and being the cornerstone for several world-class centres and institutes.
- Home to Velocity Science, we support and encourage our students to develop their entrepreneurial skills and create start-ups that will be game-changers in the greater scientific community.
Student involvement and empowerment
- Spanning both the academic and social aspects of the student experience, our Science Society provides exciting activities and genuine support to our students.
- We are home to 7 student-run clubs that any Science Student can join! Enjoy lounges and study spaces, where students can socialize and forge new friendships.
- Find experienced science students who want to help their peers through the challenges that students can go through. The Science Student Help Team is here for you!
Experiential and hands-on learning
- Take advantage of the largest co-op program in North America - with access to thousands of employers (with over 560 science-related employers) - graduating with almost 2 years of work experience and $34,000-$82,000 in potential co-op earnings.
- Choose the regular stream of study and you'll have access to EDGE, our experiential education certificate program.
- Apply what you have learned in lectures to challenging experiments in the lab - providing tactile and applied science with your education.
Science by the numbers
Connect with us
Waterloo Science in action
Beyond Science Fiction - Jake Malliaros, Faculty of Science student - Physics