Welcome to the Faculty of Science!
Whether you're applying to university, preparing to graduate, or somewhere in between, the Faculty of Science is here to support you along the way.
Why Science at Waterloo?
Innovation and research excellence
- Waterloo has been ranked, for the 29th year in a row, Maclean's Magazine's most innovative university in Canada.
- We are known as a powerhouse of discovery and research, holding numerous awards and being the cornerstone for several world-class centres and institutes.
- Home to Velocity Science, we support and encourage our students to develop their entrepreneurial skills and create start-ups that will be game-changers in the greater scientific community.
Student involvement and empowerment
- Spanning both the academic and social aspects of the student experience, our Science Society provides exciting activities and genuine support to our students.
- We are home to 8 student-run clubs that any Science student can join! Enjoy lounges and study spaces, where students can socialize and forge new friendships.
- Science Ambassadors ignite a passion for science for prospective students. Every major is represented by these incredible students - you can even meet them at our Open House events!
Experiential and hands-on learning
- Take advantage of the largest co-op program in North America - with access to thousands of employers (with over 580 science-related employers) - graduating with almost 2 years of work experience and $42,000-$74,000 in potential co-op earnings.
- Choose the regular stream of study and you'll have access to EDGE, our experiential education certificate program.
- Apply what you have learned in lectures to challenging experiments in the lab - providing tactile and applied science with your education.
Science by the numbers
Connect with us
Waterloo Science in action
Beyond Science Fiction - Jake Malliaros, Faculty of Science student - Physics