There are numerous funding opportunities available from major programs to support your research
Faculty of Science support
Contact Kim Arnold for:
- Questions about funding opportunities
- Support to develop research grant applications
- Review and writing support for grant proposals
- Find funding - What opportunities are currently available?
- Apply for funding - How to get started and maximize your chances for success.
- Partnership Development - Expert support when negotiating research agreements.
- Accepting an award - What to do once you've been notified that your funding application is successful.
- Managing awarded funds - Help to manage your awarded funds correctly.
Federal Funding Agencies
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Canadian Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF)
Guidelines to help manage expenses for your research team
- Overhead Rates for Sponsored Research (see also Policy 26)
Waterloo travel and per diem rates and guidelines
Forms for researchers from the Office of Research
University of Waterloo policies relevant to researchers
- Policy 26 - Provision for Overhead
- Policy 31 - Travel
- Policy 33 - Ethical Behaviour
- Policy 41 - Contract Research
- Policy 49 - Extra-University Activity
- Policy 52 - Private Corporations
- Policy 66 - Use of University Resources
- Policy 69 - Conflict of Interest
- Policy 73 - Intellectual Property
- (All policies)
Links to documents and guides that can help guide researchers