Science Research Advisory Committee (SRAC)
Terms of Reference (Updated July 2020)
The SRAC is an advisory committee to the Dean of Science, assisting the Dean to administer, evaluate, and review programs and policies to support the research enterprise within the Faculty of Science.
The SRAC consists of 6 research fellows, acting as representatives for each of the Departments and Schools within the Faculty of Science. The research fellows serve as advocates for the research initiatives and requirements of the faculty members within their units, and also raising awareness of the opportunities and resources available to researchers.
Research fellows are appointed by Department Chairs/School Directors with a 3-year term and renewable.
The SRAC meet monthly, chaired by the Associate Dean of Science, Research:
- To rank Science applications for funding competitions with an institutional quota or envelope, including CFI-IOF, CFI-JELF;
- To make recommendations to the Dean on nomination and renewal of research chairs, including University Research Chairs and Canada Research Chairs;
- To evaluate requests for the Dean of Science Emergency Infrastructure Repair Fund;
- To identify potential nominees and provide support for upcoming institutional, provincial, national and international award competitions;
- Disseminating information and identifying opportunities for research collaborations and/or funding support.