Get involved. Have fun. Do it your way.
As a Waterloo student there are many chances to get involved and have fun, in a variety of different ways. Whatever you're looking for, there are like-minded people who share your interests.
On this page
The best way to start feeling at home in Science is to get involved right from the start. There are countless clubs, associations, teams, and activities you can join to enrich your experience.
- Participate in the Science Society, or one of the seven departmental clubs by attending the various events, becoming a coordinator, or more!
- Volunteer or just frequent the Science Coffee and Donut shop (CnD), providing the best coffee on campus (and it's pretty cheap too)!
- Welcome the new generation of science students by becoming an Orientation Leader! Share your experiences as an upper-year student to provide guidance and support to the incoming cohort.
- Sit on the Waterloo Science Endowment Fund or the Faculty of Science Foundation board to decide how student funds will be spent.
- Represent the Faculty and the University at various recruitment events, to help prospective students decide if the Faculty of Science is a good fit, by becoming a Science Ambassador!
- Share your passion for Science with the local community through Science Outreach.
In addition to the groups mentioned above, there are several Science-related groups on campus which students may be interested them.
There are several opportunities to get involved with university-wide clubs, societies, and volunteer opportunities.
- Participate in the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA), or one of the several services. Attend their various events, become a coordinator, or more.
- WUSA also supports 200+ student clubs, so there’s something for everyone!
- Passion for current news? Consider joining Imprint, the official student newspaper on campus.
- Become a notetaker to help your fellow students.
- Get active with Waterloo Athletics, either through instructional fitness class, an intramural team, or a visit to the facilities available.
- Looking for more volunteer opportunities? Check out the listings on the WaterlooWorks Other Job Board or the Volunteer Centre.
Looking to get involved while financing your education? There are several opportunities for students to work on campus.
- Consider applying to the variety of positions available during your academic (study) term, supported by Student Awards and Financial Aid.
- Waterloo Residence has several positions open to students both living on or off-campus.
- Become a student ambassador! Share your Warrior pride with future students as they go through the application process.
- Consider becoming a Teaching Assistant (TA) for a previous course you took! Undergraduate positions are dependant on each department.
- Become a library ambassador! Facilitate library actives and support your fellow students through campus fairs, library-wide events and other initiatives.
- There are several departments and services on campus which hire students. Consider looking at W store or Food Services as a starting point!
- Looking for more positions? WaterlooWorks has several job postings available.
Still looking for more options to help finance your education? Take a look at the Funding and Awards page.