We offer computing support for the Faculty of Science. Our primary goal is customer service. We want to help you to....
- Email client configuration for on-campus and off-campus email accounts
- Wireless connection for laptops and other mobile devices
- Nexus lab locations and scheduling information
- Mapping your N: drive and connecting remotely so you can work from anywhere
- Troubleshooting for wired connections on campus
- Troubleshooting for login problems (Nexus accounts, Connect email, Office 365 (edu), Watiam/Quest, etc.)
Get the content you want
- Help setting up spam and other filters for email
- Support for software and web resources (e.g. MS Office, library resources, Refworks, LEARN, adding funds to WatCard, printing)
Maintain the high performance you need
- Troubleshooting for performance issues
- Malware detection and removal
Connect with resources
- Skype setup for meetings/defenses (usually requested through departmental grad coordinator)
- Faculty member lab/link room bookings
- Backups for faculty member research
- flatbed scanner for student scanning
- hardware configuration/hookup, upgrades and troubleshooting assistance
Need more information? Ask us!
- July 9, 2019
Science Computing is very sad to announce the passing of Allan Fleming who died quietly in his sleep just five months after his retirement in February, 2019. Allan’s quiet, humble friendliness and love of laughter belied his status as a huge asset to the Faculty computing support and server management team. He worked his magic on many machines, always focused on the positive and served as a great contributor to the morale of his unit as well as his clients’ service experience. We will miss him greatly.
- May 15, 2019
New guest Wi-Fi service on campus (from Daily Bulletin, May 15, 2019) - Net-ID replacement
The Net-ID service used for guest Wi-Fi access is being shut down, according to an announcement from Information Systems and Technology (IST).
Net-ID will no longer be available beginning Saturday, June 1. After June 1, users connected to Eduroam using Net-ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be disconnected.