We offer computing support for the Faculty of Science. Our primary goal is customer service. We want to help you to....
- Email client configuration for on-campus and off-campus email accounts
- Wireless connection for laptops and other mobile devices
- Nexus lab locations and scheduling information
- Mapping your N: drive and connecting remotely so you can work from anywhere
- Troubleshooting for wired connections on campus
- Troubleshooting for login problems (Nexus accounts, Connect email, Office 365 (edu), Watiam/Quest, etc.)
Get the content you want
- Help setting up spam and other filters for email
- Support for software and web resources (e.g. MS Office, library resources, Refworks, LEARN, adding funds to WatCard, printing)
Maintain the high performance you need
- Troubleshooting for performance issues
- Malware detection and removal
Connect with resources
- Skype setup for meetings/defenses (usually requested through departmental grad coordinator)
- Faculty member lab/link room bookings
- Backups for faculty member research
- flatbed scanner for student scanning
- hardware configuration/hookup, upgrades and troubleshooting assistance
Need more information? Ask us!
- May 15, 2019
New guest Wi-Fi service on campus (from Daily Bulletin, May 15, 2019) - Net-ID replacement
The Net-ID service used for guest Wi-Fi access is being shut down, according to an announcement from Information Systems and Technology (IST).
Net-ID will no longer be available beginning Saturday, June 1. After June 1, users connected to Eduroam using Net-ID (email@example.com) will be disconnected.
- Feb. 1, 2019
After 35 plus years at UW, our colleague and friend Allan Fleming has retired. We wish him all the best in the future.