Microsoft 365/Office 365 is a Microsoft platform for delivery of services and applications. All students, staff and faculty are provisioned with Microsoft 365/Office 365 accounts.
With Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365), you get:
- 5 copies of Office
- 5 TB of OneDrive storage
- Office 365 Web Apps (i.e. can edit documents stored on OneDrive in a browser when logged in to Office 365)
- An email account
Access your account
- Go to Office 365 Login.
- Enter your email as yourWatIAMuserid@uwaterloo.ca
- You will be redirected to Waterloo's sign-in page.
- Enter your WatIAM password and click "Sign in."
- You will need to authenticate via 2FA.
Once you are logged in to the web portal, you can access your OneDrive or use any of the Office365 web apps. You can additionally install office, as seen below.
Install Office (optional)
To install Office, click the "Install apps" button in the upper righ, followed by "Microsoft 365 apps". Your system type will automatically be detected.
Each user is entitled to five (5) installs of Office. If you change machines and want to deactivate a license for your old machine, you can also do that in the web portal.
For more information, try the IST Office 365 FAQ site.