Congratulations on joining the University of Waterloo - Faculty of Science. There are multiple systems that you may need access to for your position. Please ask your supervisor to submit a request to Science Computing for the following:
- If you are preparing for your position before it officially starts or your paperwork has not yet been processed by Human Resources, your supervisor can request early activation by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org . This is also known as "employee pre-create".
- If you were ever an applicant, student or employee with the University before, please let us know your userid. If you already have one, it should be your first initial followed by your last name and possibly a number.
- N-Drive: Once your paperwork has been processed and you have your account, follow the N-Drive instructions to complete the set-up.
- R-Drive: Your supervisor will need to request that you be added to the appropriate groups. Once you have been added to the correct group, follow the R-Drive instructions to complete the set-up.
- Upon the activation of your account with the University of Waterloo, you gain access to OneDrive. This allows you to access your files from anywhere.
- In order to set up OneDrive once your account has been activated, follow the OneDrive instructions.
- If the generic email is not a shared inbox:
- You can log into that email and use it like any regular email account. Ask your supervisor for the address and password if you were not already given it.
- If the generic email is a shared inbox:
- Your supervisor will let you know what equipment is available for your use.
- Science Computing can:
- clear data on devices between users.
- perform any hardware setup necessary.
- mediate the purchase of additional equipment, if given an account code. Contact Rick Loney email@example.com if this service is needed in particular.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org .