Faculty of Science researchers push the boundaries of scientific knowledge and excellence by studying such diverse areas as nanotechnology, quantum computing, water resources, and cancer growth.
There are a number of official centres and institutes within the faculty that bring together some of the best and most creative minds at Waterloo.
- Centre for Bioengineering and Biotechnology (CBB)
- Centre for Contact Lens Research (CCLR)
- Centre for Control of Emerging Contaminants (CCEC)
- Waterloo Centre for Groundwater Research (CGR)
- Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Interdisciplinary Centre on Climate Change (IC3)
- Institute for Computer Research (ICR)
- Institute for Polymer Research (IPR)
- Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC)
- The Water Institute
- Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN)
- Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Energy (WISE)