Immigration advising

We have an experienced and dedicated team of International Student Advisors that are happy to assist you during your time at the University of Waterloo. They are all Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council. All consultations with the International Student Advisors are free and confidential.

Have your immigration documents ready

To be given immigration advice at an appointment or by email, you must show the following documents to the International Student Advisor along with your student ID number. Original documents, paper copies, or electronic copies are accepted. 

  • Passport
  • Study permit
  • Temporary resident visa (Canada visa in passport)
  • Work permit (if you have one)

How we can help