Join us for the annual Faculty of Applied Health Sciences (AHS) Fun Run on Saturday, September 30, 2017! In its 32nd year, the AHS Fun Run is the largest and longest-standing Reunion tradition at the University of Waterloo. As part of the Faculty’s 50th anniversary, this year's run will also feature special elements in celebration of our milestone.
The Run takes place on Waterloo’s Ring Road and is open to all ages across the entire community. We anticipate over 500 alumni, students, staff, faculty, and members of the Waterloo Region to join in the fun. The Run will once again feature Bib Tag technology and results will be posted online as part of an official race in the running community.
Our goal is to promote a healthy, dynamic lifestyle and to encourage participants to continue to be physically active across the lifespan – a mission of all AHS teaching and research activities! WALK, RUN, JUST HAVE FUN!
Check out our photos from last year's run.
Saturday, September 30, 2017 | AHS Expansion Building
- First 400 to register will receive a technical race T-shirt and a commemorative 50th anniversary water bottle (T-shirt sizes guaranteed until August 18)
- Choose between 2.5 km OR 5 km run, jog, or walk around Ring Road
- Enjoy entertainment, refreshments, and lunch after the run
- Fun for the whole family, including balloon animals, face painting and children's activities
- Bib tag timing available for 5 km run via Chip Time Results
- Prizes will be awarded to top 5 km participants and best costumes
8:30 a.m. Race kit pick-up, light refreshments
9:50 a.m. Warm-ups
10:15 a.m. Race starts
After Race Lunch and awards
*50% of the registration fees will be directed towards UW Fitness' Teens in Motion program. Teens in Motion is an exercise program to help teenagers (12-17 yrs of age) who are struggling with their weight to engage in physical activity and healthy eating. To date, this program has helped over 150 participants in the Kitchener-Waterloo community.
In 2016, $2234 was raised for the Teens in Motion program. Learn more about the 2016 AHS Fun Run.
**Register by August 18 to guarantee your T-shirt size
*** Registration will close on Wednesday, September 27 and re-open on Saturday, September 30 (space will be limited)
- Female Overall
- Male Overall
- Female Student
- Male Student
- Female Alumni
- Male Alumni
- Female Faculty/Staff
- Male Faculty/Staff
- Female Open
- Male Open
- Female Youth
- Male Youth
- 32nd to cross the Finish line (32nd year of AHS Fun Run)
- 50th to cross the Finish line (50th of AHS)
- 60th to cross the Finish line (60th of UWaterloo)
- 150th to cross the Finish line (Canada's 150th birthday)
- Infant (x2)
- Autographed Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey
- Signed Kitchener Rangers Jersey
- Two tickets to Chris Rock
- $500 Via Rail gift certificate
- Various restaurant gift certificates
- ...and many more!
Enter our Smoothie Contest!
Post your favourite recipe (max 5 ingredients) along with a photo on our Facebook event page with #myFRSHsmoothie. You'll get a chance to be on the FRSH menu* as well as win our amazing prize pack** which includes a $100 PC gift card, a 50th anniversary sweater, and our Fun Run sport water bottle! Top three submissions will be chosen on August 25.
- Top three most 'liked' submissions chosen on Aug. 25
- Top three sampled in the AHS Expansion Building Sep. 12-14
- Winning smoothie to be featured Sep. 25 - Oct. 6
Our contest is now closed. Congratulations to Corrisia for her "Wake me up before you go-go" smoothie! Thank you to everyone who entered!
Wear your favourite active gear or costume! Prizes will be awarded to best adult, group, and youth costumes.
Maps and directions
Campus maps, directions, and parking
Complimentary parking will be available on Saturday, September 30 in parking lots A, B, C, L, N, R, W and X.
Have more questions?
Visit our Frequently asked questions (FAQs) page!
If you have any further questions, please email or call 519-888-4567, ext. 30513.
2017 Supporting sponsors
Angels Family Restaurant
Bed Bath & Beyond
East Side Marios
Glenbriar Bottled Water
Jack's Family Restaurant
Max's Golf Centre
The Water's Spa
UW Retail Services