Research funding

Funding sources

On their site, the University of Waterloo Office of Research provides extensive information about finding funding.

In addition, you should be receiving a monthly email about non-profit health research funding opportunities through the Office of Research. If you are not receiving these emails, contact the associate dean of research. Also, review key specific health-related funding opportunities below:

Funding through student fellowships administered by the Faculty of Health

Hallman Undergraduate Research Fellowship

This competition runs at least annually and is announced via email to faculty members of Faculty of Health only.

Undergraduate Student Research Awards - Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)

Each year, UWaterloo is allotted Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA), of which the Faculty of Health receives a proportion of the total allotment. Eligible students can apply to work with faculty members who are NSERC grant holders. Contact the undergraduate coordinator of your department for details, or for more information, visit the Office of Research page on NSERC Undergraduate Research Award.

Resources for researchers

Office of Research

Contracts and research agreements