Eugenia Xenos Anderson, Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
Michelle Douglas-Mills, Manager, Web and Digital Communications
Irfan Mohammed, Social Media Specialist
Need to get the word out?
Increase your event attendance by publicizing through our communications vehicles - such as social media platforms, the infocaster TV screen in the BMH lobby, and the Faculty of Health home page.
We can also submit Faculty of Health events for consideration in centrally-produced communications including the Waterloo Events calendar, the Daily Bulletin and if appropriate, the Waterloo Magazine.
Send an email to Michelle Douglas-Mills briefly describing your event.
News or stories
Share your news or stories with your target audience - whether that is students, staff or the general public. We can help you identify your audience, draft stories, and develop strategies to spread the word.
Email Eugenia Xenos Anderson to discuss your news or stories.
Think your research would make an interesting news story for the general public? From drafting press releases to pitching research to the media, we can help generate interest in your work. Contact Eugenia Xenos Anderson to learn about media outreach opportunities.
We can assist with a variety of special communications projects, including consulting on:
- event flyers and posters
- promotional items (e.g., zap banners, Tshirts, giveaways)
- written promotional pieces such as brochures or advertising
- the Faculty's visual identity and positioning, including direction on use of university wordmarks, colour palette, terminology etc.
Contact Eugenia Xenos Anderson for more information.
We offer media training and interview rehearsals on a request basis. Email Eugenia Xenos Anderson to book an appointment.
I’ve been contacted by the media. Now what?
Before you talk to the media, don’t forget to let Eugenia Xenos Anderson know. We keep a database of all faculty media appearances and may have some useful tips for your interview.
Want to augment your online presence?
For assistance with:
- planning and delivering engaging web content
- information on the University's web content management system, including creating new websites
- best practices in web communications, including accessibility
- investigating how social media may support your communications goals
Contact Michelle Douglas-Mills, Manager, Web and Digital Communications.