Event marketing is an important avenue for engaging new and familiar audiences, building awareness of the Waterloo brand and creating in-person connections.
The sections below provide guidelines for incorporating various branded elements into events. You can create your own materials using event templates.
All University-specific event logos must be approved by Creative Services prior to development. Learn more about event logo requirements.
When planning an event, consider using a backdrop to help incorporate the Waterloo brand into the physical space and ensure it appears in event photography.
Name tags use the colour bar and logo, as appropriate. They are designed for use with standard 3” x 4” plastic name tag holders.
Name badges come in black or brushed gold and can be ordered through Creative Services. They are 3” x 1 1/8” with a magnetic backing.
Signage is crucial to making sure our events go smoothly and attendees can easily find their way. Our signage is designed to work with the metal H frames supplied by plant operations. Signage comes in these sizes:
Square (24” x 24”)
Rectangular (24” x 18”)
There are three areas of a sign, each with specific content and design requirements:
- Area A (top) includes the colour bar and primary information. Text is left-aligned an set in Bureau Grotesque title case. The type size depends on the amount of text.
- Area B (middle) includes secondary information. Text is left-aligned and set in Bureau Grotesque title case. The type size is half the size of the Area A text.
- Area C (bottom) includes the University logo and any partnership or co-brand lockups.
When designing and printing shirts, there are a few important guidelines to follow. In all cases, the official University logo must be printed in white, black or full colour. Requests for exceptions are to be made in writing to Creative Services well in advance of the need.
Follow these guidelines for shirts and refer to the images below:
- Place the event logo on the front of the shirt in the specified area, along with text, a website URL and any other elements, as appropriate.
- Place the horizontal University logo on the back of the shirt in the specified location. There is additional space for text, a website URL or sponsor logos. You can also place the vertical University logo on the sleeve.