The weCONNECTu mentorship program aims to provide mentorship to first-year students entering the Faculty of Health by pairing first-year students with an upper-year mentor, who will act as a resource to answer questions, connect their mentees with resources and services on campus, and offer social support throughout the first year at university.
Why have a peer mentor?
- get your questions answered quickly by a current student
- learn from a current student who successfully navigated the transition to university
- receive tips on getting involved, campus resources, studying, time management and more
- meet more students within the Faculty of Health
How do I connect with a peer mentor?
weCONNECTu is open to new students in the Faculty of Health who are starting their first year in Fall 2023.
To connect with a weCONNECTu peer mentor:
- Please fill out the mentee application form (approx. 10 minutes). You will need to log in using your WatIAM username and password in order to access the form.
- You will be matched with an upper-year peer mentor from your program, based on your interests and preferences.
- The first matches will occur in Summer 2023.
First-year students can sign up for weCONNECTu at any time during their first year, but it is recommended that they connect with a mentor in their first term at UWaterloo.
If you have any questions about the weCONNECTu program, contact Vivienne Hang, Student Relations Officer.
Who are our peer mentors?
Peer mentors in weCONNECTu are upper-year student volunteers who are passionate about promoting a well rounded, positive, and healthy journey for their fellow students. Peer mentors become a resource for support while also referring mentees to services on campus to ensure students have the tools they need for a positive university experience.
Mentor applications for 2023-2024 are now closed. If you have any questions, please contact Vivienne Hang, Student Relations Officer.