Changes are coming to this website. Learn more ➜

Campus resources and services

There are many campus resources and services available to you to provide information or support for your academic, professional, financial, and personal needs. Below is a catalogue of some of the more commonly used offices and services for graduate students. For a full listing, visit the University of Waterloo offices and services web page.

Graduate student wellness

The well-being of our graduate community is key. There are resources to support you in making choices that enhance your wellness as you engage with your graduate studies at Waterloo. Please see the catalogue above to explore wellness resources such as:

Please note that your academic community is eager to support you during your graduate training at the University of Waterloo. Information about the specific roles and responsibilities of all partners in graduate education can be found within the Guide for Graduate Research and Supervision.

If you find yourself in a challenging situation, we encourage you to connect with those individuals who can support you.  These suggested pathways are intended to connect you with the support and resources you need.    

For graduate students in research-based programs:  supervisor -> Departmental or Program Graduate Officer/Chair -> Associate Dean, Graduate Studies -> Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA);

For graduate students in course-based programsProgram Director -> Graduate Officer/Chair -> Associate Dean, Graduate Studies -> GSPA.

While those nearest to your academics – your supervisor, program director or graduate officer – are often best prepared to understand your unique circumstances in relation to your academic programming, if you are uncomfortable with discussing your situation with them, you may choose to contact your Associate Dean or GSPA.