B.C. Matthews Hall (BMH), Third floor
General inquiries email
519-888-4567, ext. 31346
Be one of 30 people to join Matt Clements (BSc '97, Kinesiology), Critical Care Flight Paramedic at Ornge, and hear about his experiences at the University of Waterloo and how they continue to help him today.
Come expecting to learn:
- the day-to-day of a Critical Care Flight Paramedic,
- common misconceptions of the "calls" paramedics see on an everyday basis,
- the key to a long and productive career in a high-stress environment,
- potential career pathways in Primary Care, Advance Care, and Critical Care Paramedics in Ontario,
- the importance of building and maintaining a plan for resiliency in high-stress careers, and so much more!
Spots are limited and you don't want miss out on this enriching opportunity. Send in your questions for Matt today, and come ready for a great conversation!
I'm a 20+ year paramedic in Ontario, with experience in land and air ambulance, in rural and urban settings. As a Critical Care Flight Paramedic, I have the privilege of moving some of Ontario's most critically ill patients from accident scenes and community hospitals to larger tertiary care centers. I am also fortunate to be part of the faculty team in the Paramedic programs at Fanshawe College. I've taught lectures and lab classes in the Primary Care, Advanced Care and Community Paramedic programs. I am a member of my workplace Peer Support team, where I help colleagues to manage the sequelae of our stressful work environment.