The Spring convocation ceremony for the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences (AHS) takes place Tuesday, June 13 at 10 a.m. in the Physical Activities Complex. In addition to several notable awards and honours set to be bestowed, the ceremony marks the first graduating students of the Master of Health Evaluation program.
Congratulations to our 2017 award recipients:
- John Frank – Honorary Doctor of Laws
- Laurie Hoffman-Goetz – Distinguished Professor Emerita
- Bill McIlroy- Award of Excellence in Graduate Supervision
- Emma Heimbecker – Highest Academic Standing (Kinesiology)
- Natalie Verschueren – Highest Academic Standing (Recreation and Leisure Studies)
- Syed Mahamad – AHS Alumni Gold Medal & Highest Academic Standing (Public Health and Health Systems)
All AHS graduating students, as well as faculty members and staff, are invited to attend our pre-convocation reception in the AHS Expansion Building foyer beginning at 8:30 a.m.
We will also be honouring this year's recipient of the AHS Young Alumni Award. Shelley Martin (BA '15, RLS) is the founder of Arts Abound, offering a range of programming for children and youth regardless of their special needs or abilities.
The ceremony will be livestreamed via http://livestream.com/itmsstudio.
Guests are invited to share photos, memories and congratulations on on social media with #UWaterlooGrad and #AHSGrad. Tweets with #UWaterlooGrad will be shown on the Twitter wall at convocation.