The purpose of the Librarian and Archivist Employment Handbook (Handbook) is to provide guidance on University of Waterloo policies and processes as they pertain to the professional development and career advancement of Librarians/Archivists. The Handbook applies to all ongoing University of Waterloo Library staff employed in positions that require a master’s degree in library and information science or its educational equivalent.
Table of Contents
Terms and conditions of employment
University of Waterloo policies, procedures, and guidelines apply to Librarians/Archivists. The purpose of these terms and conditions is to provide additional guidance on processes that are specific to the Library.
- Recruitment and appointments
- Positions and ranks
- University provided benefits
- Performance appraisals
- Performance management and progressive discipline, including dismissal from employment
- Dispute resolution
- Loss of employment and resignations
- Support for professional development and research