Each year, the School of Planning hosts a Planner-in-Residence, an expert who teaches and conducts seminars. The program gives students and professors the opportunity to interact with professionals who are leaders in their field. The Planner-in-Residence program is funded by the University of Waterloo Planning Alumni of Toronto.
The School of Planning is pleased to announce the 2022-2023 Planner-in-Residence, Martin Quarcoopome.
Martin is a Registered Professional Planner and is a Vice President with Weston Consulting. He is a land use planner with over 15 years of experience primarily in the private sector. Having worked in both senior consulting and developer roles, Martin has a firm understanding of the planning process from conceptual stages to construction. He specializes in securing development approvals through the management of consultant teams, policy creation, liaising with various approval authorities, and the execution of final agreements. Martin’s work has allowed him to cultivate a varied portfolio of projects including high-rise apartments, plans of subdivision and condominium, and mixed-use centres. He also works with his clients to participate in municipal comprehensive reviews and Tribunal hearings. He is eager to share his knowledge with his alma mater and participate in the growth of the future generation of professional planners.
- Becca Nagorsky, Vice President of Stations Planning, Metrolinx
- Jay Pitter
- Rob Horne, Senior Advisor, Overlap Associates - Public Lecture Presented by Rob Horne
- Ann Joyner, Strategic Planning Advisor, Dillon Consulting
- Dana Anderson, Partner, MHBC Planning, Burlington Office
- Lee Anne Doyle, former Executive Director & Chief Building Official, City of Windsor
- Bill Green, GSP Group
- Paul E. Johnston, Johnston Litavski Ltd.
- Dan Leeming - The Planning Partnership
- Aristotle Christou - The Christou Group
- Lori Martin - Senior Cultural Affairs Officer, City of Toronto
- Glenn R. Miller - Vice President, Canadian Urban Institute
- Paul Puopolo - Associate, IBI Group
- Ian MacNaughton - President MHBC Planning
- Paula Dill - Commissioner of Urban Development Services - City of Toronto
- Bob Lehman - President of Meridian Planning Consultants
- Brian Tuckey - Commissioner of Planning and Development Services - Region of York
- Daniel Burns - Public Policy Consultant - Government of Ontario
- Ray Simpson - Senior Consultant - Hemson Consulting Ltd.
- Antony G. Marcil - Senior Policy Advisor
- Marilou McPhedran - Director, International Women's Rights Project
- Cameron Kitchen - Senior Consultant
- John Farrow - Consultant
- Helen Cooper - Municipal Consultant
- Ron Farrow - Former Special Advisor for Policy Development
- Henry Stewart - Planning Consultant
- Gardner Church - Consultant
- John Sweeney - Former Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing