Each year, the School of Planning hosts a Planner-in-Residence, an expert who teaches and conducts seminars. The program gives students and professors the opportunity to interact with professionals who are leaders in their field. The Planner-in-Residence program is funded by the University of Waterloo Planning Alumni of Toronto.
The School of Planning is proud to announce the 2017-18 Planner-in-Residence, Lee Anne Doyle, MCIP, AMCT, OCT
Lee Anne Doyle's educational background includes a Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Honours Urban & Regional Planning) from the University of Waterloo; a Bachelor of Education Degree (Specialist Geography) from the University of Windsor and a Master of Public Administration Degree from Western University.
Professionally, she has held various leadership positions in planning, building, by-law enforcement and municipal administration in both upper and lower tier municipalities in southwestern Ontario. Throughout her municipal career, she has worked on many highly visible community policy initiatives that have had positive impacts on the community.
Lee Anne received the Ontario Professional Planners Institute Award in 2006 for her outstanding leadership contributions to the Institute and the planning profession. She is the Recipient of the ATHENA International Leadership Award presented by the Windsor –Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce for her professional excellence, service to the community, and assistance to women in realizing their full leadership potential.
Her commitment and passion for the University of Waterloo remains unwavering. She has worked tirelessly to ensure the Class of 1981 remain in touch and has been a key organizer of their 10th, 20th, 30th and 35th anniversary reunions. Lee Anne was nominated for the 2017 Faculty of Environment Alumni Achievement Award.
- Bill Green, GSP Group
- Paul E. Johnston, Johnston Litavski Ltd.
- Dan Leeming - The Planning Partnership
- Aristotle Christou - The Christou Group
- Lori Martin - Senior Cultural Affairs Officer, City of Toronto
- Glenn R. Miller - Vice President, Canadian Urban Institute
- Paul Puopolo - Associate, IBI Group
- Ian MacNaughton - President MHBC Planning
- Paula Dill - Commissioner of Urban Development Services - City of Toronto
- Bob Lehman - President of Meridian Planning Consultants
- Brian Tuckey - Commissioner of Planning and Development Services - Region of York
- Daniel Burns - Public Policy Consultant - Government of Ontario
- Ray Simpson - Senior Consultant - Hemson Consulting Ltd.
- Antony G. Marcil - Senior Policy Advisor
- Marilou McPhedran - Director, International Women's Rights Project
- Cameron Kitchen - Senior Consultant
- John Farrow - Consultant
- Helen Cooper - Municipal Consultant
- Ron Farrow - Former Special Advisor for Policy Development
- Henry Stewart - Planning Consultant
- Gardner Church - Consultant
- John Sweeney - Former Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing