Each year, the School of Planning hosts a Planner-in-Residence, an expert who teaches and conducts seminars. The program gives students and professors the opportunity to interact with professionals who are leaders in their field. The Planner-in-Residence program is funded by the University of Waterloo Planning Alumni of Toronto.
The School of Planning is pleased to announce the 2022-2023 Planner-in-Residence, Becca Nagorsky.
Becca Nagorsky is the Vice President of Stations Planning at Metrolinx. She has fifteen years of experience in transit planning, leading projects ranging from rail, subway, LRT, and BRT project development to long-range network design to station access planning. Becca serves on the Board of Directors for the Toronto chapter of Women in Transportation (WTS), is a regular presenter at the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting as well as a past member of TRB’s Rail Transit Systems Committee. In 2018, she was named a Rising Star of Progressive Railroading, one of twenty-five young professional sacross North America to be recognized. She has also taught the Fundamentals of Transportation Planning course at Seneca College and is a literacy tutor at the Toronto Public Library. Becca moved to Toronto in 2011 after four years in Jerusalem, working on a transit network redesign to support the city’s light rail line. She holds a Master of Urban Planning from New York University.
- Jay Pitter
- Rob Horne, Senior Advisor, Overlap Associates - Public Lecture Presented by Rob Horne
- Ann Joyner, Strategic Planning Advisor, Dillon Consulting
- Dana Anderson, Partner, MHBC Planning, Burlington Office
- Lee Anne Doyle, former Executive Director & Chief Building Official, City of Windsor
- Bill Green, GSP Group
- Paul E. Johnston, Johnston Litavski Ltd.
- Dan Leeming - The Planning Partnership
- Aristotle Christou - The Christou Group
- Lori Martin - Senior Cultural Affairs Officer, City of Toronto
- Glenn R. Miller - Vice President, Canadian Urban Institute
- Paul Puopolo - Associate, IBI Group
- Ian MacNaughton - President MHBC Planning
- Paula Dill - Commissioner of Urban Development Services - City of Toronto
- Bob Lehman - President of Meridian Planning Consultants
- Brian Tuckey - Commissioner of Planning and Development Services - Region of York
- Daniel Burns - Public Policy Consultant - Government of Ontario
- Ray Simpson - Senior Consultant - Hemson Consulting Ltd.
- Antony G. Marcil - Senior Policy Advisor
- Marilou McPhedran - Director, International Women's Rights Project
- Cameron Kitchen - Senior Consultant
- John Farrow - Consultant
- Helen Cooper - Municipal Consultant
- Ron Farrow - Former Special Advisor for Policy Development
- Henry Stewart - Planning Consultant
- Gardner Church - Consultant
- John Sweeney - Former Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing