What is success coaching?
Success Coaching is an interactive and collaborative learning process between a Peer Success Coach and student. Our Peer Success Coaches are upper-year students from diverse faculties and student populations. In a Success Coaching appointment, you will be provided with various resources and learning strategies, and have an opportunity to reflect on your academic goals, identify your learning style, and develop personalized action plans. At the end of your appointment you may decide to book a follow-up with us, or you can be connected to another campus resource.
Topics that Peer Success Coaches could help students with include:
- Study strategies (learn effective ways to study and improve concentration, understand how you learn)
- Time management (create and follow a schedule, plan for studying and assignments, learn how to reduce procrastination, set goals/priorities)
- Note taking (take useful lecture notes, learn how to make study notes)
- Reading skills (learn how to read textbooks effectively, and to skim/scan reading material)
- Test Preparation and test anxiety (learn test taking strategies, plan studying time, and manage test anxiety)
Who are the Peer Success Coaches?
Our Peer Success Coaches come from a variety of faculties, academic levels, and areas of expertise. Check out their bios to get to know our team, and find out how they can help you reach your goals.
How do I book a success coaching appointment?
Submit a Success Coaching Appointment Form online or come by the Student Success Office to book an appointment.
Once you submit the form, we will contact you within one business day to set up an appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, please check in at the front desk.
519-888-4567 ext. 84410
South Campus Hall, second floor
If you need to cancel or reschedule your success coaching appointment, please let us know 24 hours in advance. You can contact us by email, email@example.com or by phone 519-888-4567 x84410. Be sure to include your name and date of appointment.
Still looking for something else?
Check out a list of other academic and life wellness services on campus and what they offer to determine who can help you best.