Registration for our workshops opens on LEADS during the first week of classes.
- Get This Term Started!
- Note taking
- Troubleshooting Your Time Management
- Study Strategies
- Test Preparation and Test Anxiety
- Organize Your Time for Midterms and Exams
Are you living in Waterloo Residences?
Check out the Maximize Potential certificate – many of these workshops are happening right in your residence as part of this program.
Do you need help getting started or planning how to use your time effectively? In this workshop you will learn how to map out your important dates, build a weekly or daily schedule and create a plan for this term that will work for you.
Learn how to implement effective note taking strategies.
Are you tired of trying new time management strategies at the beginning of the semester, just to fall back into your old habits? In this workshop we will discuss how to break your old habits and how you may be sabotaging your time management efforts. We will also teach you a few realistic time management strategies and ways of maintaining them throughout your entire semester.
Have you ever written a test or exam and are then surprised at the mark you received? Do you try and memorize the material for your courses and not really learn it? In this workshop we will teach you how to approach reviewing and test taking more effectively and we will discuss a variety of test formats as well as different strategies for learning and reviewing.
- Tuesday October 4, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday October 27, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday November 15, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Wednesday October 5, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday October 26, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Monday November 14, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Do you find yourself panicking the night before an exam? Do you find that you forget everything you have studied when you start an exam? This workshop can help you establish a good test taking routine and reduce your test anxiety. We will also discuss how to create a final review and how to cram effectively.
- Thursday October 20, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Monday October 24, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday November 24, 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Do you have difficulty planning ahead for your exams? Do you find that you study really well for your first exam and the others do not get enough attention? In this workshop you will learn how to make sufficient time to study for all of your exams and how to create your own organizational study plan.
- Thursday October 13, 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday October 19, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Monday November 21, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
Want to request a special workshop?
If you're interested in a special workshop for your group, there are two ways to connect with us: