On their site, the University of Waterloo Office of Reasearch provides extensive information about finding funding.
In addition, you should be receiving a monthly email about non-profit health research funding opportunities through the Office of Research. If you are not receiving these emails, contact the associate dean of research. Also, review key specific health-related funding opportunities below:
- Canadian Innovation Fund John R Evans Leaders Fund
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Award from University of Waterloo Office of Research
- Early Researcher Award from University of Waterloo Office of Research
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada from University of Waterloo Office of Research
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council from University of Waterloo Office of Research
This competition runs at least annually and is announced via email to AHS faculty members only.
Undergraduate Student Research Awards - Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
Each year, UWaterloo is allotted Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA), of which AHS receives a proportion of the total allotment. Eligible students can apply to work with faculty members who are NSERC grant holders. Contact the undergraduate coordinator of your department for details, or for more information, visit the Office of Research page on NSERC Undergraduate Research Award.
Undergraduate Research Internship (URI)
Supplemental funds for co-op student researchers are available through the Undergraduate Research Internship Fund.
Office of Research
- Cover sheet template
- Standard overhead rates
- Funding agencies, government, and non-profit sponsors
- Your gateway to research
- Principal investigator's handbook
- Policy 73: Have you disclosed your Intellectual Property?