Congratulations to the following students from Econ 344 (Principles of Marketing class) who won this semester’s (Fall 2014) MESBURG Award!
- Trishala Pillai
- Shwetha Yegna
- Shuo Chang
- Yiyang Liang
- Yiyi Hou
- Dexter Shepherd
- Emma Feher
- Sharva Hassamal
- Mackenzie Gray
- Jeremy Gilchrist
- Yijie Zhu
- Han Zhang
- Claudia Ngai-Kit Fong
- Cameron Alexander Hunter
- Brendan Luangkhot
- Amarachi Ifeanyi-Okoro
These teams were selected by the judges as the recipient of this year’s (2014) prestigious MESBURG Marketing Planning Award. The award recognizes Marketing Excellence by Students who successfully Boasted their Understanding of the Rules Governing Marketing Planning through the presentation of a key promotional element that delivered against the goals and objectives set out in their organizations written marketing plan report.
The key value of promotion is to demonstrate to the targeted consumers the benefit of purchasing a product or service from your organization. This year’s award winners’ promotional elements were found to be successful by bringing to life the key attributes of their well-constructed strategic marketing plan.
The panel of judges determined these teams as winners based on the 6 criteria listed below:
1. How successful is the promotional tool in demonstrating a meaningful point of difference (P.O.D.) that was credible for your organization (sufficient evidence showing that your organization could deliver against the P.O.D.), that was meaningful for your identified target audience, and was unique (you would own the POD relative to your competitor).
2. The identified target audience makes sense, specifically the team provided convincing evidence why this target audience was selected
3. The team provided sufficient evidence on why this was the right promotional tool for the target audience
4. An Identified and relevant consumer need is satisfied by the product or service
5. The promotional objectives were specified and quantified
6. Demonstrated superior creative innovation in the campaign.