Clarke, A., A. Ferrer and M. Skuterud, “A Comparative Analysis of the Labour Market Performance of University-Educated Immigrants in Australia, Canada, and the United States”, Journal of Labour Economics, forthcoming.
Lluis, S. and B.P. McCall, "Employment and Job Search Implications of the Extended Weeks and Working While on Claim Pilot Initiatives", Canadian Public Policy, forthcoming.
Parker, T. "Asymptotic Inference for the Constrained Quantile Regression Process," Journal of Econometrics, forthcoming.
- Xu, D., J. Ji, D. Wang, "Modelling the Spreading Process of Extreme Risks Via a Simple Agent-Based Model: Evidence From the China Stock Market", Economic Modelling, forthcoming.
- Brouwer, R. and N. Neverre. "A global meta-analysis of groundwater quality valuation studies." European Review of Agricultural Economics, 2019.
- Ovando P. and R. Brouwer. A review of economic approaches modeling the complex interactions between forest management and watershed services. Journal of Forest Policy and Economics, 100: 164-176, 2019.
- Forand, J.G. and Metin Uyanik, "Fixed Point Approaches to the Proof of the Bondareva-Shapley Theorem." Economic Theory Bulletin, Vol. 7, Iss. 1, pp. 117-24, 2019.
- Blit, J. “Foreign R&D satellites as a medium for the international diffusion of knowledge.” Canadian Journal of Economics, 2018.
Blit, J., M. Skuterud, and J. Zhang. “An analysis of the patenting rates of Canada’s ethnic populations.” Canadian Public Policy, special issue on ICT, 2018.
Blit, J., S. St. Amand, and J. Wajda. "Automation and the future of work: scenarios and policy options." CIGI Papers, No. 174, 2018
- Logar, I. and R. Brouwer. Substitution effects and spatial preference heterogeneity in single- and multiple-site choice experiments. Land Economics 94(2): 302-322, 2018.
Tarfasa, S. and R. Brouwer. Public preferences for improved urban waste management: a choice experiment. Environment and Development Economics 23(2): 184-197, 2018.
Brouwer, R. and N. Neverre. A global meta-analysis of groundwater quality valuation studies. European Review of Agricultural Economics, in press, 10.1093/erae/jby043, 2018.
Chaussé, P. and D. Xu, “GMM Estimation of a Stochastic Volatility Model with Realized Volatility: A Monte Carlo Study”, Econometric Reviews, Econometric Reviews, Vol 37 (7), 719-743, 2018.
Chen, T., "Semiparametric efficiency for censored linear regression models with heteroskedastic errors", Econometric Theory, Vol 34, Iss 1, p228-245, 2018.
Chen, T., and Q. Fan, "A functional data approach to model score difference process in professional basketball games", Journal of Applied Statistics, 2018.
Chen, T., J DeJuan., R. Tian. "Distributions of GDP across Versions of the Penn World Tables: A Functional Data Analysis Approach." Economics Letters, Vol. 170, September 2018.
Chen, T., J Yuan, Y. Zhou and P. Zhu, “Testing conditional mean independence under symmetry”, Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Vol 36, Iss 4, p615-627, 2018.
Curtis L.J., Valaitis R, Laur C, McNicholl T, Nasser R, Keller H. “Low food intake in hospital:patient, institutional, and clinical factors.” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 2018.
McNicholl T, Keller H, Dubin J, Curtis L.J., Mourtzakis M, Nasser R, Laporte M. “Handgrip strength, but not 5m walk, is a useful functional measure to add to clinical nutrition Assessment”. Nutr Clin Practice, 2018.
Gonzalez, F. M., I. Lazkano, and S. Smulders "Intergenerational altruism with future bias.'' Journal of Economic Theory, 2018.
- Horton S, Sullivan R, Flanigan J, Fleming K, Kuti M, Looi LM, Pai SA, Lawler M. Delivering modern, affordable pathology to low- and middle-income countries: A call to action. The Lancet, 2018. 018
- Horton S, Blum L, Diouf M, Ndiaye B, Ndoye F, Niang K, Greig A. 2016. Delivering vitamin A supplements to children 6-59 months: Comparing delivery through mass campaign and through routine health services in Senegal. Current Developments in Nutrition 2(4) April 2018,
- Horton, S. Cost-effectiveness. In Jamison, D., H. Gelband, S. Horton, P Jha, R. Laxminarayan, C. Mock and R. Nugent (eds.). Disease Control Priorities (3rd edition). Volume 9: Disease Control Priorities. Washington DC: World Bank, 2018: 147-156.
Jamison, D., H. Gelband, S. Horton, P Jha, R. Laxminarayan, C. Mock and R. Nugent (eds.). Disease Control Priorities (3rd edition). Volume 9: Disease Control Priorities. Washington DC: World Bank, 2018. (all chapters available online at www.dcp-3.org)
Renner L, Shah S, Bhakta N, Denburg A, Horton S, Gupta S. Evidence from Ghana Indicates that Childhood Cancer Treatment in Sub-Saharan Africa is Very Cost-Effective: A Report from the Childhood Cancer 2030 Network. Journal of Global Oncology, doi: 10.1200/JGO.17.00243, 2018
Campolieti, M. and C. Riddell. "Does Med-Arb Reduce Dispute Rates? Evidence from a Natural Experiment Involving Police and Firefighters in Ontario." Industrial and Labor Relations Review, forthcoming.
Pohler, D. and C. Riddell. "Multinationals' Compliance with Employment Law: An Empirical Assessment using Administrative Data from Ontario, 2004-2015." Industrial and Labor Relations Review, forthcoming.
Riddell, Chris and Craig Riddell. “Interpreting Experimental Evidence in the Presence of Post-randomization Events: A Re-assessment of the Self-Sufficiency Project.” Journal of Labor Economics, forthcoming
Rus, H. and H. Li, "Climate Change Adaptation and International Mitigation Agreements with Heterogeneous Countries." Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, 2018.
- Sen, A. and K. Rybczynski, “Employment Effects of the Minimum Wage: Panel Data Evidence from Canadian Provinces”, Contemporary Economic Policy, Vol 36, Iss 1, p116-135, 2018.
- Skuterud, M.(with Zong Jia Chen),“The Relative Labour Market Performance of Former International Students: Evidence from the Canadian National Graduates Survey,” Canadian Public Policy, Vol. 44, Iss. 3, 2018.
- Alicia Adsera and Ana Ferrer (2017) “Fertility Issues in Developed Countries”. The Oxford Handbook of Women and the Economy S. Averett; L. Argys; S. Hoffman, editors. Oxford University Press
- Blit, J. 2017. “Learning remotely: R&D satellites, intra-firm linkages, and knowledge sourcing.” Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 26: 757-81.
Blit, J. 2017. “Optimal patent regimes in a globalized world: lessons for Canada.” CIGI Papers, No. 120.
- Kahsay, T., Kuik, O., Brouwer, R., van der Zaag, P. (2017). The economy-wide impacts of climate change and irrigation development in the Nile basin: A computable General Equilibrium approach. Climate Change Economics, 8(1): 1750004-1-30.
- Johnston, R., Boyle, K.J., Adamowicz, W., Bennett, J., Brouwer, R., Cameron, T.A., Hanemann, W.M., Hanley, N., Ryan, M., Scarpa, R., Tourangeau, R. and Vossler, C.A. (2017). Contemporary guidance for stated preference studies. Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, 4(2): 319-405.
- Ansink, E., Tesfaye, A., Bouma, J., Brouwer, R. (2017). Cooperation in watershed management: A field experiment on location, trust, and enforcement. Resource and Energy Economics, 50: 91-104.
- Brouwer, R., Logar, I. and Sheremet, O. (2017). Choice consistency and preference stability in test-retests of discrete choice experiment and open-ended willingness to pay elicitation formats. Environmental and Resource Economics, 68(3): 729-751.
- Chen, T., and G. Tripathi, "A simple consistent test of conditional symmetry in symmetrically trimmed tobit models", Journal of Econometrics, Vol. 198 (1) pp. 29-40.
- Curtis, L.J., Paule Berier, Khursheed Jeejeebhoy, Johane Allard, Donald Duerksen, Leah Gramlich, Mannon Laporte, Heather Keller (2017) “Costs of hospital malnutrition” Clinical Nutrition, 2018.
- Insley, M., "Resource extraction with a carbon tax and regime switching prices: Exercising your options", Energy Economics, 67, pp. 1-27, 2017.
- Rybczynski, K., "Alternative medicine, worker health, and absenteeism in the United States", Complementary Therapies in Medicine, Vol 32, pp. 116-128, 2017.
- Sen, Anindya, “Peak power problems: How Ontario’s industrial electricity pricing system hurts consumers”, The Electricity Journal, Volume 30, Issue 1, January–February 2017, Pages 62–67.
- Kopalle, Praveen K., Robert J. Fisher, Bharat L. Sud, and Kersi D. Antia. "The Effects of Advertised Quality Emphasis and Objective Quality on Sales." Journal of Marketing, Vol 81, 114-126, 2017.
- Adsera, A. and A. Ferrer, "The fertility of married immigrant women to Canada" International Migration Review, Vol. 50 (2) pp. 475-505.
- Blit, J., C. Liu, and W. Mitchell. 2016. “What goes on beneath the surface of reconfiguration? The impact of redeployment via activity addition and subtraction on firm scope and turnover” Advances in Strategic Management, Vol 35, 185-216.
- Koetse, M. and Brouwer, R. (2016). Reference dependence effects on WTA and WTP value functions and their disparity. Environmental and Resource Economics, 65(4): 723-745.
- Dekker, T., Hess, S. Brouwer, R., Hofkes, M. (2016). Decision uncertainty in multi-attribute stated preference studies. Resource and Energy Economics, 43: 57-73.
- Ndambiri, H., Brouwer, R., Mungatana, E. (2016). Comparing welfare estimates across stated preference and uncertainty elicitation formats for air quality improvements in Nairobi, Kenya. Environment and Development Economics, 21(5): 649-668.
- Mattmann, M., Logar, I. and Brouwer, R. (2016). Hydropower externalities: a meta-analysis. Energy Economics, 57: 66-77.
- Tesfaye, A. and Brouwer, R. (2016). Exploring the scope for transboundary collaboration in the Blue Nile river basin: assessing downstream willingness to pay for upstream land use change to improve irrigation water supply. Environment and Development Economics, 21(2): 180-204.
- Chaussé, P., Liu, J. and Luta, G., "A Simulation-Based Comparison ofCovariate Adjustment Methods for the Analysis of RandomizedControlled Trials" (2016), International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, volume 13, number 4.
- Chen, T. and K. Couch, "Models specification tests and the estimation of treatment effects: an application with random and nonrandom administrative records", Journal of Economic and Social Measurement, 41 (2016), 1-16.
- Shaw, P., M.A. Cohen and T. Chen, "Nonparametric Instrumental Variable Estimation in Practice", Journal of Econometric Methods, 6 (2016), 153-177.
- Chen, T. and Harding J., "Changing Tastes: Estimating Changing Attribute Prices in Hedonic and Repeat Sales Models", Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 52 (2016), 141-175
Thakali, L., L. Fu and T. Chen, “Model-Based Versus Data-Driven Approach for Road Safety Analysis: Do More Data Help?”, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2061, (2016).
DeJuan, J., T. Wirjanto, and X. Xu. "The Adjustment of Consumption to Income Changes across Chinese Provinces." Annals of Economics and Finance, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2016.
A. Ferrer and A. Adsera “Occupational Skills and Labour Market Progression of Married Immigrant Women in Canada” (with Alicia Adsera), Labour Economics. Vol.39 (2016), pp.88-89.
Chuang, L., S. Temin, R. Camacho, A. Dueñas-Gonzalez, S. Feldman, M. Gulktekin, V. Gupta, S. Horton, G. Jacob, E. A. Kidd, K. Lishimpi, C. Nakisige, J-H. Nam, H. Y. S. Ngan, W. Small, G. Thomas, and J. S. Berek. "Management and Care of Women with Invasive Cervical Cancer", American Society of Clinical Oncology 1 Resource-Stratified Clinical Practice Guideline. 2016. Doi: 10.1200/JGO.2016.003954.
Curry, P. and M. Doyle, "Integrating Market Alternatives into the Economic Theory of Optimal Deterrence", Economic Inquiry. Vol. 54 (4) pp. 1873-1883.
Walters, D., S. Horton, A. Y. M. Siregar, P. Pitrivan, N. Hajeebhoy, R. Mathisen, and C. Rudert. "The cost of not breastfeeding in Southeast Asia", Health Policy and Planning 2016. Doi: 10.1093/heapol/czw044.
Cait, C., M. Skop, J. Booton, C.A. Stalker, S. Horton and M. Riemer. "Practice-based qualitative research: Participant experiences of walk-in counselling and traditional counselling", Qualitative Social Work, 2016. DOI: 10.1177/143325016637910 qsw.sagepub.com
Niu, S., M. Insley. "An Options Pricing Approach to Ramping Rate Restrictions at Hydro Power Plants," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 63, pages 25-52, 2016.
- Almansour, A. and M. Insley, "The Impact of Stochastic Extraction Cost on the Value of an Exhaustible Resource: An Application to the Alberta Oils Sands", Energy Journal, vol. 37, issue 2, pages 61-88, 2016.
- Mergo, T., "The Effects of International Migration on Migrant-Source Households: Evidence from the Ethopian Diversity-Visa Lottery Migrants", World Development. Vol 84, pp. 69-81, 2016.
- Delabroye, Solveig, Alain-Désiré Nimubona, and Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné (2016), “International Trade and the Environmental Goods and Services Industry”, Chapter 12, The WSPC Reference on Natural Resources and Environmental Policy in the Era of Global Change, Volume 1, Game Theory, Editors: Ana Espinola-Arredondo and Felix Munoz-Garcia, Editor-in-Chief: Ariel Dinar.
Sen, Anindya, "Is Retail Alcohol Deregulation Correlated with More Crime and Traffic Injuries? Evidence from Canadian Provinces", Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice (2016), 58(2):251 http://dx.doi.org/10.3138/cjccj.20160304
Sen, A., P.Curry, and G. Orlov, "Crime, Apprehension and Clearance Rates: Panel Data Evidence from Canadian Provinces", Canadian Journal of Economics. Vol 49 (2) pp. 481-514, 2016.
- Zhiqi Chen, Horatiu A. Rus and Anindya Sen, "Border Effects Before and After 9/11: Panel Data Evidence Across Industries", The World Economy, Volume 39, Issue 10, pp. 1455–1672(pages 1456–1481)
- Rus, H. A., "Renewable Resources, Pollution and Trade", Review of International Economics, 24:2, 2016
- Singh, A. and D. Xu, "Random Matrix Application to Correlations Among Volatility of Assets", Quantitative Finance. Vol 16 (1) pp. 69-83, 2016.
- Levin-Koopman, J., Kuik, O., Tol, R.S.J., Brouwer, R. (2015). Water scarcity from climate change and adaptation response in an international river basin context. Climate Change Economics, 6(1): doi: 10.1142/S2010007815500049.
- Brouwer et al. (2015). Improving value transfer through socio-economic adjustments in a multi-country choice experiment of water conservation alternatives. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 59(3): 458-478.
- Brouwer, R., Lienhoop, N. and Oosterhuis, F. (2015). Incentivizing afforestation agreements: Institutional-economic conditions and motivational drivers. Journal of Forest Economics, 21(4): 205-222.
- Kahsay, T., Kuik, O., Brouwer, R., van der Zaag, P. (2015). Estimation of the transboundary economic impacts of the Grand Ethiopia Renaissance Dam: A computable general equilibrium analysis. Water Resources and Economics, 10: 14-30.
Burbidge, J.B., "Using Distance Functions to Understand Interest Taxation", Canadian Journal of Economics, Vol. 48 (3), pp. 903-923.
Bauer, A. M., MacNaughton, A., & A. Sen, (2015). "Income splitting and anti-avoidance legislation: Evidence from the Canadian 'kiddie tax'". International Tax and Public Finance, 22(6), 909-931.
Chen, T. and K. Couch, (2015) "An Approximation of Logarithmic Functions in the Regression Setting", Statistical Methodology, Vol. 23, 50-58.
Curtis, Lori J and Umber Dube (2015) “Demographics, debt, and practice intentions of medical residents training in Canada”, Canadian Public Policy 41 (Supplement 1), 2015.
Emery, H. and A. Ferrer (2015) “The Social Rate of Return to Investing in Character: An Economic Evaluation of Alberta's Immigrant Access Fund Small Loan Program” Journal of international Migration and Integration, vol.16(2), pp. 205-224.
- Forand, J.G. and V. Maheshri, (2015) "A Dynamic Duverger's Law", Public Choice, 165(3-4).
Forand, J-G., (2015) "Keeping your options open", Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 53, 47-68.
Forand, J-G., (2015) "Useless prevention vs. costly remediation”, Quarterly Journal of Political Science, 10(2), 187-220.
González, F.M. and J. F. Wen, (2015) "A theory of top income taxation and social insurance", Economic Journal, September 2015, pages 1474-1500.
- Gelband, H,. P. Jha, R. Sankaranarayanan and S. Horton (eds.) Disease Control Priorities (3rd edition): Volume 3: Cancer. World Bank and Oxford University Press (published November 2015).
- Gelband, H., P. Jha, R. Sankaranarayanan, C. Gauvreau, S. Hortonand the DCP3Cancer Author Group. "Cancer: Key messages from Disease Control Priorities, 3rd edition", The Lancet, published online Nov 11 2015 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00755-
- Stalker, C.A.,Riemer, M., Cait, C.A., Horton, S., Booton, J., Josling, L., Bedggood, J. and M. Zaczek. 2015. "A Comparison of walk-in Counselling and the waitlist model for delivering counselling services", Journal of Mental Health, DOI: 10.3109/09638237.2015.1101417.
- Nimubona, Alain-Désiré and Hassan Benchekroun (2015), “Environmental R&D in the Presence of an Eco-industry”, Environmental Modeling and Assessment, 20(5): 491-507.
- Nimubona, A., & H. A. Rus, (2015). "Green technology transfers and border tax adjustments. Environmental and Resource Economics", 62(1), 189-206.
- Rybczynski, K., (2015) “Gender Differences in Portfolio Risk Across Birth Cohort and Marital Status.” Canadian Journal of Economics, Vol. 48, No. 1.
- Rybczynski, K., "What Drives Self-Employment Survival for Women and Men? Evidence from Canada." Journal of Labor Research. Vol 36 (1) pp. 27-43, 2015.
- Shi, J., & M. Skuterud, (2015). Gone fishing! reported sickness absenteeism and the weather. Economic Inquiry, 53(1), 388-405.
- Ning, Q., D. Xu, and T. Wirjanto, "Is Volatility Clustering of Asset Returns Asymmetric?", Journal of Banking & Finance. Vol 52 pp. 62-76, 2015.
- Dekker, T., Koster, P., Brouwer, R. (2014). Changing with the tide: semi-parametric estimation of preference dynamics. Land Economics, 90(4): 717-745.
- Phan, T.D., Brouwer, R. and Davidson, M. (2014). The economic costs of avoided deforestation in the developing world: A meta-analysis. Journal of Forest Economics, 20(1): 1-16.
- Schaafsma, M., Brouwer, R., Liekens, I. and Denocker, L. (2014). Temporal stability of preferences and willingness to pay for natural areas in choice experiments: A test-retest. Resource and Energy Economics, 38:243-260.
- van der Kroon, B., Brouwer, R. and van Beukering, P. (2014). The impact of the household decision environment on fuel choice behavior, Energy Economics, 44; 236–247.
- Brouwer, R. et al. (2014). Modeling demand for catastrophic flood risk insurance in coastal zones in Vietnam using choice experiments. Environment and Development Economics, 19: 228-249.
- Bayaz, G., T. Chen and K. Couch, (2014) "Intragenerational Mobility and the Ratio of Permanent to Total Inequality", Applied Economics, Vol. 46, 4399-4408.
- Chen, T. and T. Parker, (2014) "Semiparametric Efficiency for Partially Linear Single-Index Regression Models", Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 130, 376-386.
- Cuenca-Esteban, J., (2014) "British "Ghost" Exports, American Middlemen, and the Trade to Spanish America. 1790-1819", William and Mary Quarterly, 3rd series, 71(1), 63-98.
- Curtis, L. and K. Rybczynski, (2014) "Exiting poverty: Does sex matter?" Canadian Public Policy, vol. 40(2).
- Ferrer, A. and A. Adsera, (2014) “Immigrants and demography: Marriage, divorce, and fertility”, Handbook on the Economics of International Migration, Volume 1, edited by B. R. Chiswick and P. W. Miller for the “Handbooks in Economics Series”, Kenneth J. Arrow and Michael D. Intriligator eds., Elsevier B.V. (IZA Discussion Paper # 7982).
- Ferrer, A. and A. Adsera (2014) "The myth of immigrant women as secondary workers: Evidence from Canada", American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, 104(3).
- Ferrer, A. and A. Adsera (2014) "Factors influencing the fertility choices of child immigrants in Canada", Population Studies, 68(1), 65-79.
- Ferrer, A. and A. Menendez (2014) "The puzzling effect of delaying schooling on Canadian wages", Canadian Public Policy, 40(3).
- Ferrer, A., G. Picot, & C. Riddell (2014) "Canada's Immigration Policy: Recent changes and developments", International Migration Review, 48(3), 846-867. (Also published as CLSRN Working Paper no. 121 and IZA discussion paper #8682).
- Forand, J-G., (2014) "Two-Party Competition with Persistent Policies", Journal of Economic Theory, 153, 64-91.
- Piérard, E. (2014) " The Effect of Physician Supply on the Health Status of Canadians: Evidence from Canada," Health Policy, 118(1), 56-65.
- Piérard, E. and P. Grootendorst (2014) "Do downturns cause desperation? The effect of economic conditions on suicide rates in Canada," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, 46(10), 1081-1092.
- Rus, H. A. (2014). "Corruption, conflict and the management of natural resources. Economics of Governance", 15(4), 355-386.
- Sen, A., H. Ariizumi and N. DeSousa, (2014) "Evaluating the relationship between pay and research productivity: Panel data evidence from Ontario universities", Canadian Public Policy, 40(1), 1-14.
- Chen, T. and G. Tripathi, (2013) “Testing Conditional Symmetry Without Smoothing,” Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, vol. 25, 273-313.
- Chen, T. and K. Couch, (2013). “Permanent and Transitory Inequality and Intragenerational Mobility,” Economics Letters, vol. 120, pp. 200–202.
- Curtis, L. and K. Rybczynski, (2013) “Can Market Structure Explain Cross-Country Differences in Health?” Farmeconomia: Health economics and therapeutic pathways, vol. 14.
- Matthew Doyle and Jacob Wong (2013) "Wage Posting Without Full Commitment," Review of Economic Dynamics, vol. 16, pp. 231-252.
- Forand, J. G. (2013) “Competing Through Information Provision,“ International Journal of Industrial Organization, vol. 31, pp. 438-451.
Niu, S. and M. Insley, (2013) “On the Economics of Ramping Rate Restrictions at Hydro Power Plants: Balancing Profitability and Environmental Costs,” Energy Economics, vol. 39, pp. 39-52.
Lluis, S. and J. M. Abraham, (2013) “The Wage-Health Insurance Tradeoff and Worker Selection: Evidence from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey 1997 to 2006”, Industrial Relations, vol. 52, pp. 541-581.
- Nimubona, A-D. and B. Sinclair-Desgagné, (2013), “The Pigouvian Tax Rule in the Presence of an Eco-Industry”, Economics Bulletin, vol. 33, pp. 747-752.
Packalen, M. and A. Sen, (2013) “Static and Dynamic Merger Effects: A Market Share Based Empirical Analysis,“ International Review of Law and Economics, vol. 36, pp. 12-24.
Parker, T. (2013) "A Comparison of Alternative Approaches to Supremum-Norm Goodness of Fit Tests with Estimated Parameters', Econometric Theory, vol. 29, pp. 969-1008.
Sen, A. and H. Ariizumi, (2013) “Teen Families, Welfare Transfers and the Minimum Wage: Evidence from Canada,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 46, pp. 338–360.
Skuterud, M. and A. Clarke (2013) “Why Do Immigrant Workers in Australia Perform Better Than Those in Canada? Is it the Immigrants or Their Labour Markets?”, Canadian Journal of Economics, vol. 46(4), November 2013
- Xu, D. and J. Knight, (2013) “Stochastic Volatility Model Under a Discrete Mixture-of-Normal Specification,” Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 37, pp. 216-239.
- Bhattacharya, J. and M. Packalen (2012) “The Other Ex-Ante Moral Hazard in Health,” Journal of Health Economics, vol. 31(1), pp. 135-146.
- Ben-Ner, Avner, Fanmin Kong, and Lluis, Stéphanie (2012) "Uncertainty, Task Environment, and Organization Design: An Empirical Investigation", Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol 82, pp. 281-313.
- Burbidge. J.B., K.A. Collins, J.B. Davies and L. Magee (2012) "Effective Tax and Subsidy Rates on Human Capital in Canada", Canadian Journal of Economics, 45, pp.189-219.
- Chen, S. and M. Insley (2012) "Regime switching in stochastic models of commodity prices: An application to an optimal tree harvesting problem", Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 36(2), pp. 201-219.
- Curry, P.A. and J.E. Roemer (2012) "Evolutionary Stability of Kantian Optimization," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 200(1), pp. 131-146.
Ferrer, A., A. Adsera & E. Sigle-Rushton, (2012) “Fertility Patterns of Child Migrants: Age at Migration and Ancestry in Comparative Perspective” (2012), Migrant Youth and Children of Migrants in a Globalized World, the Annals of the American Academic of Political Science, vol. 643(1), pp.160-189.
Ferrer, A., D. Green, & H. Emery, (2012) “The Long Term Consequences of Business Cycles for Human Capital Accumulation,” Industrial & Labor Relations Review, vol. 65, pp.708-734.
- González, F.M. (2012) “The Use of Coercion in Society: Insecure Property Rights, Conflict and Economic Backwardness", in M. Garfinkel & S. Skaperdas (eds.), Oxford Handbook of the Economics of Peace and Conflict, New York: Oxford University Press, chapter 26, pages 633-675.
- Nimubona, A-D. (2012), “Pollution Policy and Liberalization of Trade in Environmental Goods”, Environmental and Resource Economics, 53(3), pp. 323-346.
- Packalen, M. and T. S. Wirjanto (2012) “Inference about Clustering and Parametric Assumptions in Covariance Matrix,” Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol. 56(1), pp. 1-14. Lead article.
- Piérard, E. (2012) "Substitutes or complements? An exploration of the effect of wait times and availability of conventional care on the use of alternative health therapies in Canada," Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 20(5), 323-33.
- Rus, H, (2012), "Transboundary Marine Resources and Trading Neighbours”, Environmental and Resource Economics 53:2.
- Rus, H, “Environmental Depletion, Governance and Conflict”, Southern Economic Journal 78:4, April 2012.
- Skuterud, M., Su, M., Immigrants and the Dynamics of High-Wage Jobs, Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 65(2): 377-397, April 2012.
Skuterud, M. and M. Su, (2012) “The Influence of Measurement Error and Unobserved Heterogeneity in Estimating Immigrant Returns to Foreign and Host-Country Sources of Human Capital,” Empirical Economics, vol. 43, pp. 1109-1141.
- Li, Y. and D. Xu, (2012) "Empirical Evidence of Leverage Effect In A Stochastic Volatility Model: A Realized Volatility Approach," Invited Contribution, Frontiers of Economics in China, vol. 7, pp. 22 -- 43.
Xu, D. (2012) "Examining Realized Volatility Regimes under a Threshold Stochastic Volatility Model," International Journal of Finance & Economics, vol. 17, pp. 373--389.
- Busch, L-A. and P. Curry, "Ticket Pricing and the Impression of Excess Demand," Economics Letters, 111, 40-42; 2011.
- Choi, W. H., A. Sen and A. White, (2011) "Response of industrial Customers to Hourly Pricing in Ontario’s Deregulated Electricity Market," Journal of Regulatory Economics, vol. 40, pp. 303-323.
- Cuenca-Esteban, Javier, "Was Spain a viable Fiscal-Military State on the eve of the French wars?", in The spending of states. Military expenditure during the long eighteenth century: patterns, organisation, and consequences, 1650-1815, eds. Stephen Conway and Rafael Torres Sánchez, Saarbrücken, Germany: VDM Verlag, 2011, pp. 247-56.
Corak, M., L. Curtis and S. Phipps (2011) “Economic Mobility, Family Background, and the Well-Being of Children in the United States and Canada in Persistence, Privilege, and Parenting": The Comparative Study of Intergenerational Mobility Edited by Timothy M. Smeeding Robert Erikson, Markus Jäntti, Russell Sage Foundation, NY.
- Ben-Ner, Avner and Stéphanie Lluis, "Learning, What and How? An Empirical Study of Adjustments in Organizational Structure", Industrial Relations, vol 50, Issue 1, 76-108, 2011.
- David, Maia, Alain-Désiré Nimubona, and Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, “Emission Taxes and the Market for Abatement Goods and Services”, Resource and Energy Economics, 33(1): 179-91, 2011.
- Nguyen, T. T. and R. M. Wigle. (2011). “Border delays re-emerging priority: within-country dimensions for Canada.” Canadian Public Policy, 37(1), March, 49-59.
- Nimubona, Alain-Désiré and Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné (2011), “Polluters and Abaters”, Annals of Economics and Statistics, 103-104: 9-24.
- Rahman, M. and Nafeez Fatima, "Entrepreneurship and Urban Growth: Dimensions and Empirical Models", Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 18(3): 608-626, 2011.
- Bhattacharya, J. and M. Packalen, 2011, “Opportunities and Benefits as Determinants of the Direction of Scientific Research,’’ Journal of Health Economics, vol. 30(4), pp. 603-615. Lead article.
- Rybczynzki, K., A. Sen and C. Van de Waal, “Teen employment, poverty, and the minimum wage: evidence from Canada,” Labour Economics, 18(1), 36-47, 2011.
- Sen, A. and N. Fatima, "Do Lower Cigarette Taxes Increase Smoking? Evidence from the Canadian National Experiment", Canadian Tax Journal, 59(2):221-38, 2011.
- Sen, A. and E. Piérard, (2011) "Estimating the Effects of Cigarette Taxes on Birth Outcomes," Canadian Public Policy, vol. 37, pp. 257-276.
- Xu, Dinghai and John Knight, “Continuous Empirical Characteristic Function Estimation of Mixtures of Normal Parameters”, Econometric Reviews, 30(1):25-50, 2011.
- Xu, Dinghai, John Knight, Tony Wirjanto, “Asymmetric Stochastic Conditional Duration Model – A Mixture-of-Normal Approach”, Journal of Financial Econometrics, 9(3):469-488, 2011.
- Carvalho, E., J.A. Brox and J. Mackay, "Regional Employment Changes in a Booming Resource Economy: A Modified Shift-Share Analogue Regression of Changes in Employment Patterns within the Economic Regions of Alberta.” Canadian Journal of Regional Science, Volume 33(2) 2010.
- Carvalho, E. and Zeng Lian (2010) "The Impact of Goods and Services Tax on the Pattern of Canadian Consumer Spending and Saving." The Journal of Economic Asymmetries. Vol. 7(1).
- Chaussé, P. (2010) "Computing Generalized Method of Moments and Generalized Empirical Likelihood with R," Journal of Statistical Software, 34 (11), 1-35.
- Clemente, A. and A. Sen (2010) “Intergenerational correlations in educational attainment: birth order and family size effects from Canada,” Economics of Education Review, 29(1), 147-155.
- Curtis Lori J and Joann Kingston-Riechers (2010) “The GST and the Family: Evaluating the welfare effects of the GST” Canadian Public Policy 36(4):503-520.
- DeJuan, J., J. Seater, and T. Wirjanto (2010) “Testing the Stochastic Implications of Permanent Income Hypothesis Using Canadian Provincial Data,” Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 72, 89-108.
- Doyle, M. (2010) “Informational Externalities, Strategic Delay, and the Search for Optimal Policy,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 43, 941-966.
- Doyle, M. and B. Falk (2010) “Do Asymmetric Central Bank Preferences Help Explain Observed Inflation Outcomes?” Journal of Macroeconomics, 32, 527-540.
- Entezarkheir, M., A. Sen and A. Wilson (2010) "Obesity, smoking, and cigarette taxes: evidence from the Canadian Community Health Surveys", Health Policy, 97, 180-186.
González, F.M. and S. Shi, (2010) “An Equilibrium Theory of Learning, Search, and Wages," Econometrica, vol. 78, pp. 509-537.
- Insley, M. and T. Wirjanto, (2010) “Contrasting two approaches in real options valuation: contingent claims versus dynamic programming,” Journal of Forest Economics, 16(2), 157-176.
- Lam, J-P. (2010) "The Importance of Commitment in the New Keynesian Model," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, vol. 10, pp. 1-23.
- Nguyen, T. T. and A. Trimarchi (2010) “Active Learning in Introductory Economics: Do MyEconLab and Aplia Make Any Difference?” International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 4(1), January.
- Nguyen, T. T. and A. Trimarchi (2010) “Using Learning Technology to Promote Student Engagement and Active Learning in Introductory Economics,” in Opportunities and New Directions: Canadian Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, ed. N. Simmons, Centre for Teaching Excellence: Waterloo, ON: 43-50.
- Packalen, M. (2010) “Complements and Potential Competition,” International Journal of Industrial Organization, 28, 244-253.
- Sen, A. and P. Townley (2010) “Estimating the impacts of outlet rationalization on retail prices, industry concentration, and sales: empirical evidence from Canadian gasoline markets,” Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 19(3), 605-633.
- Sen, A. and T. Wirjanto (2010) “Estimating the impact of cigarette taxes on youth smoking participation, initiation, and persistence: evidence from Canada,” Health Economics, 19(11), 1264-1280.
- Skuterud, M. (2010) “The Visible Minority Earnings Gap across Generations of Canadians,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 43(3), 860-881.
- Xu, D. (2010) “An Efficient Estimation on Switching Regression Models: A Monte Carlo Study," Communication in Statistics: Simulation and Computation, 39(7), 1403-1421.
- Xu, D. and T. Wirjanto (2010) "An Empirical Characteristic Function Approach to VaR under a Mixture-of-Normal Distribution with Time-Varying Volarility," Journal of Derivatives, 18(1), 39-58.
- Bowden, R., H. Huang (2009) “Infrastructure, Commodity Spectra, and Trade Transitions in Economic Development,” Global Economy Journal, 9.
- Burbidge, J. and K. Cuff (2009) “Mandatory Retirement and Incentives in University Defined-Benefit Pension Plans,” in M. Abbott, C. Beach, R. Boadway, and J. MacKinnon (eds.) Retirement Policy Issues in Canada, McGill-Queen's University Press: Kingston, 353-374.
- Cuenca, J. (2009) “Current values of British imports from the United States, 1790-1820: Estimates and independent tests,” in Worlds of History and Economics. Essays in Honour of Andrew M. Watson, ed. Brian A. Catlos, Valencia: Universitat de València, 191-207.
- Curtis, L. (2009) “Socio-economic status and the health and well-being of Canadian youths,” in Adolescent Health: Policy, Science, and Human Rights, eds. William Boyce, Jennifer Roche and Diane Davies, McGill-Queens University Press: Kingston.
- Huang, H., J. Whalley and S. Zhang (2009) “Exploring Policy Options in Joint Intertemporal-Spatial Trade Models Using an Incomplete Markets Approach,” Economic Theory, 41, 131-45.
- Lluis, S. (2009) “The Structure of Wages by Firm Size: A Comparison of Canada and the USA,” Labour, 23, 283-317.
- Malhotra, N. and H. Rus (2009) “The effectiveness of the Canadian Antidumping Regime,” Canadian Public Policy, 35, 187-202.
- Nguyen, T. T. (2009) “Vietnam and the Environment: Problems and Solutions,” International Journal of Environmental Studies, 66(1), 1-8.
- Nguyen, T. T. (2009) “Environmental Consequences of Dioxin From the War in Vietnam: What Has Been Done and What Else Could Be Done?” International Journal of Environmental Studies, 66(1), 9-26.
- Nguyen, T. T. and R. M. Wigle (2009) “Welfare Costs of Border Delays: Numerical Calculations from a Canadian Regional Trade Model,” Canadian Journal of Regional Science, 32(2).
- Piérard, E. and P. Grootendorst (2009) "Response to Lichtenberg," Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, 9(6), 505-8.
- Piérard, E., P. Grootendorst and M. Shim (2009) "Life-expectancy gains from pharmaceutical drugs: a critical appraisal of the literature," Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, 9(4), 353-364.
- Rybczynski, K. (2009) “Are Liquidity Constraints Holding Women Back? An Analysis of Gender in Self-Employment Earnings,” Journal of Economic Asymmetries, 6, 141-165.
- Sen, A. (2009) “Estimating the impacts of household behavior on youth smoking: evidence from Ontario, Canada,” Review of Economics of the Household, 7, 189-218.
- Brox, J. A. and E. Carvalho, (2008) "A Demographically Augmented Shift-Share Employment Analysis: An Application to Canadian Employment Patterns," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, vol. 38, 56-66.
- Cuenca, J. (2008) “Statistics of Spain's colonial trade 1747-1820: New estimates and comparisons with Great Britain,” RHE/Journal of Iberian and Latin American Economic History, XXVI, 323-354.
- Curtis, L. and W. MacMinn (2008) “Twenty-five years of Health Care Utilization in Canada” Canadian Public Policy, 34, 65-87.
- Doyle, M. and B. Falk (2008) “Testing Commitment Models of Monetary Policy: Evidence from OECD Countries,” Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, 40, 409-425.
Ferrer, A. and C. Riddell, (2008) "Education, Credentials and Immigrant Earnings" Canadian Journal of Economics; vol. 41, pp. 186-216.
- Ferrer, A. and S. Lluis (2008) “Should Workers Care about Firm Size?” Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 62, 104-124.
- González, F.M. and H.M. Neary, (2008) "Prosperity Without Conflict," Journal of Public Economics, vol. 92, pp. 2170-2181.
- Gregoire, P. and H. Huang (2008) “Informed Trading, Noise Trading and the Cost of Equity,” International Review of Economics & Finance, 17, 13-32.
- Huang H. and J. Whalley (2008) "Baumol-Tobin and the Welfare Costs of National Security Border Delays,” Economics Letters, 99, 290-292.
- Huang H. (2008) “Risk Aversion, Mandatory Disclosure and the Concealment of Information,” Economics Letters, 99, 2-9.
- Luong, M. and A. Sen (2008) “Estimating the impact of beer prices on the incidence of sexually transmitted diseases: cross-province and time series evidence from Canada,” Contemporary Economic Policy, 26, 505-517.
- Aydemir, A. and M. Skuterud (2008) “The Immigrant Wage Differential Within and Across Establishments,” Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 61, 334-52.
- Malhotra, N., H. Rus and S. Kassam (2008) “Antidumping Duties in the Agriculture Sector: Trade Restricting or Trade Deflecting?” Global Economy Journal, Berkeley Electronic Press, 8.
- Ning, C., D. Xu and T. Wirjanto (2008) “Modelling the Leverage Effect with Copulas and Realized Volatility,” Finance Research Letters, 5, 221-227.
- Cuenca, J. (2007) “India's contribution to the British balance of payments, 1757-1812,” Explorations in Economic History, 44, 154-176.
- Cuenca, J. (2007) “Fiscal dimensions of Britain's regulated trade with Asia, 1765-1812," in War, State and Development. Fiscal-Military States in the Eighteenth Century, ed. R. Torres Sánchez, Pamplona: Ediciones Universidad de Navarra, S.A. (EUNSA), 69-85.
- Curtis, L. (2007) “Socioeconomic Status and Human Capital: Recent Canadian Evidence” in Fulfilling Potential, Creating Success: Perspectives on Human Capital Development, Edited by Arthur Sweetman, Ron Saunders and Garnett Picot, McGill-Queen’s University Press: Kingston.
- DeJuan, J. and J. Seater (2007) “Testing the Cross-section Implications of Friedman’s Permanent Income Hypothesis,” Journal of Monetary Economics, 54, 820-849.
- Fell, D., G. Kephart, L. Curtis, K. Bower, N. Muhajarine, R. Reid and L. Roos (2007) “The Relationship Between Work Hours and Utilization of General Practitioners in Four Canadian Provinces,” Health Services Research, 42, 1483-1498.
- González, F.M. (2007) "Effective Property Rights, Conflict and Growth”, Journal of Economic Theory, Symposium on Economic Development Theory, vol. 137, pp. 127-139.
- Howard, M. and R. Kumar (2007) "The rationality of violent conflict," in Globalization, governance and public policy, eds. J. Brox and P. Koveos, Waterloo: North Academic Press, 3-20.
- Insley, M. and M. Lei (2007) “Hedges and trees: Incorporating fire risk into optimal decisions in forestry using a no-arbitrage approach,” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 32, 492-514.
- Kumar, R. (2007) “Poverty reduction and the poverty reduction facility at the IMF: carving a new path or losing its Way," in Globalization, governance and public policy, eds. J. Brox and P. Koveos, Waterloo: North Academic Press, 83-107.
- Mizzen, B. and A. Sen (2007) “Estimating the impact of seat belt use on traffic fatalities: empirical evidence from Canada,” Canadian Public Policy, 33, 315-335.
- Nimubona, A-D. and D. Vencatachellum (2007) “Intergenerational Education Mobility Among Black and White South- Africans,” Journal of Population Economics, 20, 149-182.
- Sen, A. (2007) “Does increased abortion lead to lower crime? Evaluating the relationship between crime, abortion, and fertility,” B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy (Topics), 7.
- Skuterud, M. (2007) “Identifying the Potential of Work-Sharing as a Job-Creation Strategy," Journal of Labor Economics, 25, 265-287.
- Brox, J. and E. Carvalho (2006) “An Application of the Regression Analogue of the Demographically Enhanced Shift-Share Model,” The Review of Regional Studies, 36, 239-253.
- Burbidge, J., K. Cuff and J. Leach (2006) “Tax Competition with Heterogeneous Firms,” Journal of Public Economics, 90, 533-549.
- Busch, L-A. and G. Fearon (2006) “Auditing and competitive bidding in the public sector,” Journal of Public Economics, 90, 657-678.
- Côté, D., J. Kuszczak, J-P. Lam, Y. Liu and P. St-Amant (2006) “A Comparison of Twelve Macroeconomic Models of the Canadian Economy,” Journal of Policy Modeling, 28, 523-62.
- Curtis, L. (2006) “Snapshots of Health Care Utilization in Canada: 1978 to 1998: Is the picture changing?” in Health Services Restructuring in Canada: New Evidence and New Directions, eds. C. Beach, R. Chaykowski, S. Shortt, F. St-Hilaire, and A. Sweetman, McGill-Queen's University Press: Montreal.
- Curtis, L. and Michael Pennock (2006) “Social Assistance, Lone-parents and Health: What We Do and Don't Know,” Canadian Journal of Public Health, 97, 4-10.
- Crossley, T. and L. Curtis (2006) “Child Poverty in Canada,” Review of Income and Wealth, 52, 237-260.
- DeJuan, J., J. Seater, and T. Wirjanto (2006) “Testing the Permanent-Income Hypothesis: New Evidence from West-German States (Lander),” Empirical Economics, 31, 613-29.
- DeJuan, J. and M. Luengo-Prado (2006) “Consumption and Aggregate Constraints: International Evidence,” Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 68, 81-99.
- DeJuan, J. and J. Seater (2006) “A Simple Test of Friedman's Permanent Income Hypothesis,” Economica, 73, 27-46.
- Doyle, M., R. Singh and Q. Weninger (2006) “Fisheries Management with Stock Uncertainty and Costly Capital Adjustment,” in Frontiers in the Economics of the Fishery: Papers in Honour of Professor Gordon Munro, eds. R. Arnason, T. Bjorndal, and D. Gordon, Blackwell: Oxford.
- Dunn, J., K. Frolich, N. Ross, L. Curtis and C. Sanmartin (2006) “Approaches to Child Policy Role of Geography in Inequalities in Health and Human Development,” in Healthier Societies: From Analysis to Action, eds. J. Heymann, C. Hertzman, M. Barer, and R. Evans, Oxford University Press: New York, 237-263.
- Kozyrskyj, A., L. Curtis and C. Hertzman (2006) “Taking Different Approaches to Child Policy,” in Healthier Societies: From Analysis to Action, eds. J. Heymann, C. Hertzman, M. Barer, and R. Evans, Oxford University Press: New York, 348-380.
- Singh, R., Q. Weninger and M. Doyle (2006) “Fisheries Management with Stock Uncertainty and Costly Capital Adjustment: An Application to Pacific Halibut, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 52, 582-599.
Ferrer, A., D. Green and W. C. Riddell, (2006) "The Effect of Literacy on Immigrant Earnings," The Journal of Human Resources, vol.41, pp.380-410.
- Brox, J. A. and C. Fader, (2005) "Infrastructure Investment and Canadian Manufacturing Productivity," Applied Economics, vol. 37, pp. 1247-1256.
- Burbidge, J. and K. Cuff (2005) “Capital Tax Competition and Returns to Scale,” Regional Science and Urban Economics, 35, 353-373.
- Cuenca, J. (2005) "Cargoes, Freight, 1450 to the Present", in John J. McCusker, Louis Cain, Stanley Engerman, and Kenneth Pomeranz, eds., History of World Trade since 1450, Farmington Hills, MI: Macmillan Reference USA.
- DeJuan, J. and M. Tomljanovich (2005) “Income Convergence across Canadian Provinces in the 20th Century: Almost But Not Quite There” Annals of Regional Science, 39, 567-92.
- Ferrer, A. (2005) "Signalling, Inequality and the Social Structure," Economica, vol. 72, pp. 515-529.
González, F.M. (2005) "Insecure Property and Technological Backwardness," Economic Journal vol. 115, pp. 703-721.
- Huang, H. (2005) “Asset Pricing under Progressive Taxes and Existence of General Equilibrium," Journal of Global Optimization, 31, 471-491.
- Insley M. and K. Rollins (2005) “On solving the multi-rotational timber harvesting problem with stochastic prices: a linear complementarity formulation,” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 87, 735-755.
- Kumar, R. and N. Narain (2005) “"Re-engaging India: upgrading the Canada-India bazaar relationship,” in Canada among nations 2005: split images, eds. A.F. Cooper and D. Rowlands, Montreal: McGill University Press, 169-184.
- Kumar, R. (2005) “How to eat a cake of unknown size: a reconsideration", Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 50, 408-21.
- Lluis, S. (2005) “The Role of Comparative Advantage and Learning in Wage Dynamics and Intrafirm Mobility: Evidence from Germany,” Journal of Labor Economics, 23, 725-767.
- Sen, A. (2005) “Do stricter penalties or media publicity reduce alcohol consumption by drivers?” Canadian Public Policy, 31, 359-379.
- Sen, A. (2005) “Is health care a luxury? New evidence from OECD data,” International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, 5, 147-164.
- Sen, A. (2005) “Does increasing the market share of smaller firms result in lower prices?” Review of Industrial Organization, 26, 371-389.
- Skuterud, M. (2005) “The Impact of Sunday Shopping on Employment and Hours of Work in the Retail Industry: Evidence from Canada,” European Economic Review, 49, 1953-78.
- Aydemir, A. and M. Skuterud (2005) “Explaining the Deteriorating Entry Earnings of Canada’s Immigrant Cohorts: 1966-2000,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 38, 641-71.
- Burbidge, J. (2004) “Tax Deferred Savings Plans and Interest Deductibility,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 37, 757-767.
- Burbidge, J. and G.M. Myers (2004) “Tariff Wars and Trade Deals with Costly Government,” Review of International Economics, 12, 543-549.
- Busch, L-A. and S. Govindan (2004) “Robust Nonexistence of Equilibrium with Incomplete Markets,” Journal of Mathematical Economics, 40, 641-645.
- Côté D., J. Kuszczak, J-P. Lam, Y. Liu and P. St-Amant (2004) “The Performance and Robustness of Simple Monetary Policy Rules in Models of the Canadian Economy,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 37, 978-998.
- J. Cuenca (2004) “Comparative patterns of colonial trade: Britain and its rivals,” in Exceptionalism and Industrialisation. Britain and its European Rivals, 1688 – 1815, ed. Leandro Prados de la Escosura, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 35-66.
- Curtis, L. and S. Phipps (2004) “Social Transfers and the Health Status of Mothers in Norway and Canada,” Social Science and Medicine, 58, 2499-2507.
- Curtis, L., M. Dooley and S. Phipps (2004) “Child Well-Being and Neighbourhood Quality: Evidence from the Canadian National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth,” Social Science and Medicine, 58, 1917-1927.
- DeJuan, J., J. Seater, and T. Wirjanto (2004) “A Direct Test of the Permanent Income Hypothesis with an Application to the US States,” Journal of Money Credit and Banking, 36, 1091-1103.
- DeJuan, J. and S. Gurr (2004) “On the Link between Volatility and Growth: Evidence from Canadian Provinces,” Applied Economics Letters, 11, 279-82.
- Elgar, F., D. Waschbusch, P. McGrath, S. Stewart and L. Curtis (2004) “Mutual Influences on Maternal Depression and Child Adjustment Problems,” Clinical Psychology Review, 24, 441- 459.
- Elgar, F., D. Waschbusch, P. McGrath, S. Stewart and L. Curtis (2004) “Temporal relations in maternal mood and disruptive child behaviour,” Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 237-247.
González, F.M. (2004) "Informational Spillovers and the Coordination of Speculative Investments," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(1), pages 140-148.
Kuhn, P. and M. Skuterud (2004) “Internet Job Search and Unemployment Durations,” American Economic Review, 94, 218-32.
Lam, J-P, and G. Tkacz (2004) "Estimating Policy-Neutral Interest Rates for Canada Using a DSGE Framework," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics, 140, pp 89-126.
- Nguyen, T. (2004) “Vietnam on the Road to Global Economic Integration”, in The Vietnamese Economy: A Dragon To Be, ed. C. D. Pham, Youth Publishing, 199-222.
- Piérard, E., Neil Buckley, and James Chowhan (2004) "Bootstrapping Made Easy: A Stata ADO File," Research Data Centre Information and Technical Bulletin, 1(1), 20-36.
Brox, J. A. (2003) "The Impact of Free Trade with the United States on the Pattern of Canadian Consumer Spending and Savings," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, vol. 14, pp. 69-87.
- Brox, J., R. Kumar and K. Stollery (2003) “Estimating willingness to pay for improved water Quality in the presence of potential item non-response bias,” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 85, 414-428.
- DeJuan, J. (2003) “The Response of Consumption to Income Innovations: Evidence from UK Regions,” Regional Studies, 37, 445-51.
- Elgar, F., L. Curtis, P. McGrath, D. Waschbusch, and S. Stewart (2003). “Antecedent-consequence conditions in maternal mood and child behavioural problems: A four-year cross-lagged study,” Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 32, 362-374.
- Beaudry, P. and F.M. González 2003. "An Equilibrium Analysis of Information Aggregation and Fluctuations in Markets with Discrete Decisions," Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 113, pp. 76-103.
- Gruber, J., A. Sen and M. Stabile (2003) “Estimating price elasticities when there is smuggling: the sensitivity of smoking to price in Canada,” Journal of Health Economics, 22, 821-42.
- Langille, D., L. Curtis, J. Hughes, M. Tomblin (2003) “Association of socioeconomic factors with health risk behaviours among high school students in rural Nova Scotia,” Canadian Journal of Public Health, 94, 442-447.
- Insley, M. (2003) “On the option to invest in pollution control under a regime of tradable emissions allowances,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 35, 860-883.
- Nguyen, T. (2003) “Trade Policy Under Globalization and Regionalization”, in The Vietnamese Economy: Awakening the Dormant Dragon, eds. B. Tran-Nam and C. D. Pham, Routledge Curzon, 137-156.
- Nguyen, T. (2003) “Agricultural Supports in International Trade”, in What Can Be Done for Rural Vietnam, eds. C. D. Pham, B. Tran-Nam, S. K. Dang, and T. T. Nguyen, HCMC Publishing House, 425-456.
- Sen, A. (2003) “Higher prices at the gas pump: international crude oil price fluctuations or local market concentration? An empirical investigation,” Energy Economics, 25, 269-88.
Brox, J. and E. Carvalho (2002) “Sectoral Labour Market Adjustment in the Provinces of Ontario and Quebec”, Canadian Journal of Regional Science, 25, 405-22.
- Burbidge, J., L. Magee and A.L. Robb (2002) “The Education Premium in Canada and the United States,” Canadian Public Policy, 28, 203-214.
- Burton, P., S. Phipps and L. Curtis (2002) “All in the Family: A Simultaneous Model of Parenting Style and Child Conduct,” American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, 92, 368-372.
- Busch, L-A. and I. Horstmann (2002) “The Game of Negotiations: Ordering Issues and Implementing Agreements,” Games and Economic Behavior, 41, 169-191.
- Côté D., J-P. Lam, Y. Liu and P. St-Amant (2002) “The Role of Simple Rules in the Conduct of Canadian Monetary Policy,” Bank of Canada Review.
- Ferrer, A. and W. C. Riddell, (2002) "The Role of Credentials in the Canadian Labour Market," Canadian Journal of Economics, vol. 35, pp. 879-905.
- Howard, M. and R. Kumar (2002) “Classical Liberalism in an Environment of Rational Choice Involving Commitment and Security as Well as Greed,” in Beyond Keynes. Volume 2. Keynes, uncertainty and the global economy, eds. S. Dow and J. Hillard, Northampton, Mass.: Elgar, 128-47.
- Insley, M. (2002) “A Real Options Approach to the Valuation of a Forestry Investment,” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 44, 471-492.
- Kumar, R. (2002) “How Long to Eat a Cake of Unknown Size? Optimal Time Horizon under Uncertainty,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 35, 843-53.
- Lam, J-P. and W. Scarth (2002) “Monetary Policy and Built-in Stability,” Review of International Economics, 10, 469-82.
- Lam, J-P. and M. Veall (2002) “Bootstrap Confidence Intervals for Single Period Regression Forecasts,” International Journal of Forecasting, 18, 125-130.
- Langille, D., and L. Curtis (2002) “Factors associated with sexual intercourse before age 15 in Nova Scotia female adolescents,” Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality, 11, 91-99.
- Busch, L-A. and Q. Wen (2001) “Negotiation Games with Unobservable Mixed Disagreement Actions,” Journal of Mathematical Economics, 35, 563-579.
- Busch, L-A. and Q. Wen (2001) “Finite Horizon Negotiation Games,” Annals of Economics and Finance, 2, 95-115.
- J. Cuenca (2001) "The British balance of payments, 1772-1820: India transfers and war finance", Economic History Review, LIV, 58-86.
- Curtis, L. (2001) “The Health Status of Lone Mothers,” Canadian Public Policy, XXVII, 334-356.
- Curtis, L., M. Dooley, E. Lipman and D. Feeny, (2001) “The Role of Permanent Income and Family Structure in the Determination of Child Health in the Ontario Child Health Study,” Health Economics, 10, 287-302.
- Dawson, J., DeJuan, J., J. Seater, E. F. Stephenson (2001) “Economic Information versus Quality Variation in Cross-Country Data,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 34, 988-1009.
- Mallett, T. and A. Sen (2001) “Does local competition impact interest rates charged on small business loans? Empirical evidence from Canada,” Review of Industrial Organization, 19, 435- 450.
- Mallett, T., A. Sen and R. Sondhi (2001) “Jury still out on internet benefits: more branches keep bank's loan rates low,” Canadian Business Economics, 8, 21-29.
- Sen, A. (2001) “An empirical test of the offset hypothesis,” Journal of Law and Economics, 44, 481-510.
- Sen, A. (2001) “Do stricter penalties deter drinking and driving? An empirical investigation of Canadian impaired driving laws,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 34, 149-164.
- Beaudry, P. and M. Doyle (2000) “What Happened to the Phillips Curve in the 1990s in Canada?” Proceedings, of the Bank of Canada Conference: Price Stability and the Long-Run Target for Monetary Policy, Bank of Canada: Ottawa, 51-82.
- Burbidge, J. and R. Finnie (2000) “The Inter-Provincial Mobility of Baccalaureate Graduates: Who Moves and When,” Canadian Journal of Regional Science, 23, 377-401.
- Burbidge, J., L. Magee and L. Robb (2000) “Cohort, Year, and Age Effects in Canadian Wage Data” in Independence and economic security in old age, eds. F. Denton, D. Fretz, and B. G. Spencer, Vancouver: UBC Press, 183-214.
- Forsyth, M.* (2000) “On the Option Value of Preserving a Wilderness Area,” Canadian Journal of Economics, 33, 413-434. *Name change from Forsyth to Insley in July 2000.
- Kuhn, P. and M. Skuterud (2000) “Job Search Methods: Internet vs. Traditional,” Monthly Labor Review, 3-11.