Economics concepts for everyday life
How do you turn a poor country into a rich country? What can government do to stimulate new industries like biotechnology and green energy? Economists make sense of the world. Our professors research issues that have a real, lasting impact - like how to avoid another financial crisis.
Our economics programs help you gain valuable insight and useful knowledge about how decisions are made domestically and globally, and how the study of economics can benefit your own everyday life.
Why study economics at Waterloo?
Our students benefit from:
- the university's world-renowned co-op program,
- the option to choose a specialization that enriches your degree, and
- international exchange opportunities to study abroad
Our department offers core courses in economic theory and econometrics. Build on these foundations through elective courses in public policy, labour, health, finance and more.
Undergraduate news and events
- January 7: Winter 2019 classes begin
- January 20: Last day to add a class
- January 28 - February 7: Course selection period
- February 18: Family Day holiday
- February 19-22: Reading Week
- April 5: Last day of class for Winter term
- April 10-27: Winter term exam period
- April 19: Good Friday holiday