The three E's of Waterloo's MA in economics
Education / Experience / Employment
- Complete the eight-course regular MA in two academic terms
- Earn and learn more on a co-op work term
- Prepare for a career in the public or private sectors, or for doctoral studies
With a focus on applied economics, our MA program provides you with relevant analytical and problem-solving skills through coursework, research and practice.
Our well-established co-op option allows you to supplement your academic education with an eight-month work term and on-the-job learning. The work term serves as a stepping stone to a career for many of our graduates.
The MA degree has the following options:
- MA course work - eight courses - two terms
- MA research paper - seven courses + research paper - three terms
- MA co-op - course work or research paper + eight month placement + one term knowledge integration - five terms
Should I go to grad school?
To help you decide, read this presentation by the Department's Graduate Advisor.