BSc (Washington); MSc (Oregon); PhD (Queen's)
Areas of specialization: Mathematical economics; Economics of the Middle East
- Optimal control theory
- Mathematical models of economic growth
- Dynamic impact of fiscal policy on capital accumulation and supply of labour
Economics of the Middle East
- Economics of Palestinian occupied territories
- Economics of Israel
- Development of Arab economies
Selected publications and research
- "The Impact of a Hybrid Personal Tax System on Capital Accumulation and Economic Welfare", with R.A. Androkovich and M.J. Daly, European Economic Review, 36, 1992, pp. 801-813.
- "Tax-Deductible Saving in a Life Cycle Growth Model", with R.A. Androkovich and M.J. Daly, Australian Economic Papers, forthcoming.
- "On the Determination of Optimal Time Horizon in a Control Problem in Natural Resource Economics", with R. Kumar, International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 18, No. 3, 1995, pp. 617-620.
- "On the Determination of Optimal Time Horizon in a Control Problem in Natural Resource Economics" with R. Kumar, International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 18, No. 3 (1995), pp. 617-620. Monographs
- "Macroeconomic Perspective and Policy Recommendations" with Jeffrey Nugent. Part III of Prospects for Sustained Development of the Palestinian Economy in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, 1990-2010: A Quantitative Framework. Study prepared by the UNCTAD Secretariat, Nov. 1992.
- "Prospects for Sustainable Development of the Palestinian Economy: Strategies and Policies for Reconstruction and Development. (Forthcoming United Nations Conference on Trade And Development (UNCTAD) publications.)
University of Waterloo