Distinguished Professor Emeritus
BA (Toronto); MA, PhD(McMaster)
Areas of specialization: Forecasting; Applied econometrics
- Econometric forecasting
- Comparison of forecast system
- Financial modelling
- Production systems
- Consumption model
- Nicholas Baltas and James A. Brox, The Global Economics of a Changing Environment, Waterloo: North Waterloo Academic Press, July, 2009.
- James A. Brox and Jeremy Leonard, “Shoring up the Competitive Posture of Canadian Manufactures: What are the policy levers?” Choices: Institute for Research in Public Policy, Vol. 15 (4), May, (2009), 2-17.
- James A. Brox, “Too Small to Fail: Canadian Banks, Regulation and the North American Financial Crisis”, The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Vol.6 (2), September, 2009, 31-46.
- James A. Brox,“Canadian Banks and the North American Housing Crisis” in B. Gup (ed.) The Financial and Economic Crises: An International Perspective, Elgar: London
- James A. Brox, “Infrastructure Investment: The Foundation of Canadian Competitiveness”, Policy Matters: Institute for Research in Public Policy, Vol. 9 (2), August (2008), 1-48.
- James A. Brox, “Post-NAFTA Changes in the Financing of Canadian Corporate Activity”, The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Vol.5 (1), June, 2008, 65-77.
- James A. Brox and Emanuel Carvalho, “Demographically Augmented Shift-Share Employment Analysis”, the Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Vol. 38 (2), (2008), 55-65.
- James A. Brox and Peter Koveos, Globalization, Governance, and Public Policy, Waterloo: North Waterloo Academic Press, 2007, pp xiv, 272.
- James A. Brox, “Academic Research and Productivity in Canadian Manufacturing since the Formation of NAFTA”, Industry and Higher Education, Vol. 21 (2), April 2007, 145-158
- James A. Brox, Ross E. Caterall, and Peter Koveos, Structural Reform and the Transformation of Organisations and Businesses, Waterloo: North Waterloo Academic Press, 2006, pp x, 304.
- James A. Brox, “NAFTA, Infrastructure and the Canadian Automotive Sector”, The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Vol. 3 (2), December, 2006, 23-41.
- James A. Brox and Emanuel Carvalho, “An Application of the Regression Analogue of the Demographically Enhanced Shift-Share Model.” (co-authored with Emanuel Carvalho) The Review of Regional Studies. Vol. 36(2) (Fall 2006), 239-253.
- Richard Bodell, James A,. Brox and Christina Fader, “Canadian University Policies on Intellectual Property and the Rate of Technology Transfer”, in Brox, Caterall and Koveos eds.Structural Reform and the Transformation of Organisations and Businesses, Waterloo: North Waterloo Academic Press, 2006, pp 209-219.
- James A. Brox, “The Impact of Public Services on the Pattern of Private Spending in Atlantic Canada”, Canadian Journal of Regional Science, XXVIII: 3 (Autumn, 2005), 439-460.
- James A. Brox and Christina Fader, “An Assessment of the Impact of Public Infrastructure on Canadian Manufacturing Productivity and Factor Substitutability”, (with C.A. Fader), Applied Economics, Vol. 37, (2005), 1247-1256.
- James A. Brox and Christina A. Fader, “Electronic Commerce, Exchange Rate Volatility and Changes in Trade Patterns: Canada under NAFTA”, Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Vol 1, no. 2. (2004), 51-70.
- James A. Brox and K. Munim, “Changes in Canadian Productivity and Real Output Gap since NAFTA” (with K. Munim), in A.G. Malliaris ed., The Global Economy: Financial Legal and Technological Asymmetries, Athenian Policy Forum Press: Toronto, 2003.
- James A. Brox, Ramesh C. Kumar and Kenneth Stollery, “Estimating Willingness to Pay for Improved Water Quality in the Presence of Item Non-Response Bias”, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 85(2), May 2003, 415-429.
- James A. Brox “The Impact of Free Trade with the Untied States on the Pattern of Canadian Consumer Spending and Savings”, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 14 (1), 2003, 69 - 87.
- James A. Brox and Emanuel Carvalho, “Sectoral Labour Market Adjustment in the Provinces of Ontario and Quebec”, Canadian Journal of Regional Science, vol 25 no.3, 2002.
- James A. Brox and Christina A. Fader, “The set of just-in-time management strategies: an assessment of their impact on plant-level productivity and input-factor substitutability using variable cost function estimates”, (with Christina Fader), International Journal of Production Research, vol.40, no.12, 2002, 2705-2720
- James A. Brox “Changing Patterns of Regional and International Trade: The Case of Canada under NAFTA”, International Trade Journal, vol. XV no. 4, 2001, 383-407.
University of Waterloo