BA; MA (Queen's); PhD (McGill)
Areas of specialization: Economic development (trade policy); Economic development (finance)
Economic development (trade policy)
- Regional economic associations
- Trade policy in the Caribbean
- The informal sector
Economic development (finance)
- Exchange rate systems
- Capital flight
- Monetary integration
Selected publications and research
Chapters in books
- "Capital Flight and Caribbean Economic Policy" in The Savings/Investment Environment in the Caribbean - Emerging Imperatives, edited by Ramesh F. Ramsaran, St. Augustine, Trinidad, Caribbean Centre for Monetary Studies, The Univrsity of The West Indies, 1995, pp. 43-59.
- "Capital Flight and Its Implications for Caribbean Development" in Financing Development in the Commonwealth Caribbean, edited by De Lisle Worrell, Compton Bourne and Dinesh Dodhia, London, Macmillan, 1991, pp. 289-310.
- "Export Promotion in the Caribbean," in Export Promotion Strategies Theory and Evidence from Developing Countries, edited by C. Milner, London: Harvester Wheatsheaf, 1990, pp. 247-267.
- "Economic Decline and the Growth of the Informal Sector: The Guyana and Jamaica Experience," Journal of International Development: Vol. 7, No. 2, 1995, pp. 229-242.
- "The Adjustment Costs of Monetary Integration in CARICOM," Social and Economic Studies, Vol. 43, No. 4, December 1994, pp. 21-35.
- "The Jamaican Foreign Exchange Market: Lessons from the Experience with a Floating Exchange Rate Regime and the Abolition of Exchange Controls," Social and Economic Studies, Vol. 43, No. 4, December 1994, pp. 37-61.
- "Liberalisation of the Exchange Rate Regime: Lessons from the Jamaican Experience," Social and Economic Studies, Vol. 42, No. 4, December 1993, pp. 73-93.
- "Exchange Rate Management in a Balance of Payments Crisis: The Guyana and Jamaica Experience," Social and Economic Studies,Vol. 41, No. 4, December 1992, pp. 113-131.