It’s time to flex your trivia muscles in our latest edition of the Faculty of Health's virtual trivia night! The questions will be a fun combination of faculty-specific and other historical facts, pop culture references, and include a special focus on mental health and well-being.
Get ready for an awesome evening with your Faculty of Health community for a chance to win prizes and connect with your peers!
This trivia event is open to all Faculty of Health students, staff, and faculty, and will take place on Tuesday, July 20 from 7 to 9 p.m. (EDT).
How to participate
- Register below with a team or as an individual by Wednesday, July 14 at 11:59pm (EDT).
- In order to compete for prizes, teams need a minimum of three players and a maximum of five players
- Registration will be capped at fifteen teams - don't miss out!
- Participants that sign up as individuals will be added to a team by our event volunteers
- If you are registering a team and have space, you can indicate on your form if we can add additional players to your team- yay new friends!
- Teams and individuals that are registered by the deadline will be sent an instructional email with necessary links to participate 24 hours prior to the event date
This event will be hosted on MS teams and incorporate the use of breakout rooms for team socialization and brainstorming. Volunteers will be available to support each team and the event will include three rounds of trivia.
Prizes have been donated by the Dean's Advisory Committee on Health and Well-being for our winning trivia participants. Winners will be contacted following the event to claim their prize.
Prizes will be awarded to:
- The team with the most points at the end of the night - prize per winning participant
- The team with the most spirit (a submitted team photo is required and will be selected at random after the event) - prize per winning participant. See rules below for more details.
Winning teams will also be featured on our Faculty of Health social media channels following the event.
- This event is only open to University of Waterloo Faculty of Health undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff. Teammates from outside of this group will not be eligible to participate.
- Team names may not contain profanity, anti-competition messages, or material that violates the rights of third parties.
- Teams and all individuals must be registered by the deadline in order to participate. Adjustments to teams cannot be made by participants after this deadline.
- To win the trivia prize for the team with the most points, a team must also have complied with all of the trivia rules and participation guidelines in order to be eligible. The winning team will be announced shortly after the event and will be featured on our social media channels.
- To win the team spirit prize, one person from a participating team must send a team photo (i.e. a screenshot in a breakout room, wearing a team uniform, etc.) to Paige Facchini, Faculty of Health Events Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org within two hours of the conclusion of the trivia event on Tuesday, July 20. A winning team that shows creativity and spirit will be randomly selected for the prize and featured on our social media channels.
Point and marking system
- For every trivia question, the host will identify how many points each question is worth.
- Health Trivia Night questions and answers are selected by the Health Trivia Team (composed of a diversity of Faculty of Health students and staff volunteers). Answers used in the competition are the most commonly accepted answers.
- If you feel your team was scored incorrectly, please notify your room host as soon as possible.
- If the pre-determined correct answer is disputed during the round the question was presented in, the Health Trivia Team will review the question and remark submissions. If the answer initially thought to be correct by the Health Trivia Team is proved to be incorrect, points will be awarded to both the initial answer given by the Health Trivia Team and the factual answer.
- The host, in consultation with the answer checkers and Health Trivia Team, will have the final say on any disputed answers.
- In the event of a tie at the end of the final round, a tie-breaker question between all tied teams will be used to determine the winner.
- Correct spelling on the answer documents is not always required; however, the judges must be able to recognize your answers. A set of acceptable alternative answers will be provided by the Health Trivia Team.
- You must have complete answers; no partial credit will be given for partial answers. Submitting general descriptions will be scored as incorrect.
- Each question has only one correct answer (including the acceptable alternatives set by the Health Trivia Team). In the case that a team submits more answers than required for a single question, only the first required number of answers will be considered.
- For example, if the host asks for the name of five NBA teams, and a team submits six names, only the first five names given will be considered for points.
- Answer documents must be turned into the room monitors at the end of each round by the time specified.
- Answers cannot be changed once answer documents have been turned in.
Participation and behavioural guidelines
- All team members must be current Faculty of Health members.
- Participants may not enter a breakout room that is not their designated breakout room during a trivia round.
- Collaborating with other teams is not allowed.
- Electronic devices or other resource materials (e.g. cell phones or laptops for researching answers) are strictly prohibited for use during the trivia games. Teams found to be violating this rule will forfeit the ability to win prizes.
- Be respectful to your teammates and other teams. Playful banter is allowed, but please be patient with one another and avoid inappropriate language, negative comments, gestures, etc.
- Listen to and respect the host and your room monitors and other trivia volunteers.
- Ask questions if you’re unsure.
- Individuals that are found to be acting in a disrespectful manner towards other participants, teams or volunteers and/or ignoring the given guidelines, will be removed from game play. Given individuals will not be eligible to win a prize, even if their team wins after they are removed.
- Most importantly, have fun!