The Hallman Lecture Series and Canadian Index of Wellbeing present:
MIKE SALVARIS, LLB
- Director, Australian National Development Index (ANDI)
- Senior Research Fellow, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne
- Research Associate, Canadian Index of Wellbeing (CIW), Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, University of Waterloo
Measuring the future we want: Australia, Canada and the global movement to redefine progress
The global movement to redefine social progress “beyond GDP” is a fascinating, but still unfinished story.
The movement has as its core value, the notion of equitable and sustainable wellbeing. It seeks to improve wellbeing not just in key policy fields such as health, education and justice, but also by giving citizens a more direct sense of ownership and belonging in their democracy and their communities.
What you will learn about…
- The growing global movement to define and measure equitable and sustainable progress ‘Beyond GDP’ and its implications for democracy and wellbeing.
- Three initiatives, from international to local, informed by the Canadian Index of Wellbeing (CIW) housed within AHS at the University of Waterloo.
- The latest in international cross-disciplinary research that is building knowledge, understanding, collaboration and impact on quality of life.
2:30 - 4:30 p.m. Lecture and panel
4:30 - 5:00 p.m. Reception
Parking is available in Lot M or N ($6 each), or Lot X ($5). Parking map.
200 University Ave West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1