The Teaching Fellow position was established by the Faculty of Health as part of a larger university-wide effort to raise the profile of teaching and learning, and to support and encourage teaching excellence. Each academic unit within the Faculty has appointed a Teaching Fellow who works collaboratively on the Faculty of Health Teaching Fellows Team.
The current goals of the Teaching Fellows are:
- to raise the profile of teaching and learning in the Faculty Health,
- to develop a deeper understanding of the teaching needs and experiences of faculty members,
- to mobilize and disseminate teaching development resources,
- to develop a framework for supporting the work of sessional instructors and new faculty,
- to explore innovative and effective ways to evaluate teaching within the Faculty of Health,
- to support faculty- and department-level efforts to facilitate teaching assistant (TA) success, and
- to encourage and celebrate teaching excellence.
The Faculty of Health Teaching Fellows will act as knowledge brokers by working closely with the Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE) and Centre for Extended Learning (CEL) to share expertise and resources with Faculty of Health instructors. Additionally, they will develop and foster a community of practice where faculty can share knowledge and experiences to enhance teaching success.
There are currently no events scheduled for Spring term. Please check this space for updates.