March Break Open House is a campus-wide event for applicants and their families. The Faculty of Mathematics offers an information-packed day with your interests in mind. Highlights are presented below, but you can get the full Math Faculty March Break Open House schedule by following this link.
Join us March 10th to
- Get the latest admissions and scholarship updates from Associate Dean and Director of Admissions: Professor Serge D'Alessio.
- Meet advisors and senior students who want to tell you more about the program you've applied to.
- Learn about co-op: steps to getting a job, study-work sequences, resources to help you succeed in co-op, and how to be ready for your first work term. Student panelists share their experiences and job-tested tips for succeeding in co-op.
- Not in co-op? Learn about "The Edge" - the alternative to co-op: a program to help make you job ready and equip you for job search success.
- Attend first-year lectures taught by amazing professors in math, computer science, and math and business.
- Participate in a hands-on Euclid-style problems workshop and get tips for solving challenging problems. The Euclid Contest takes place on April 11.
- Drop by the information fair in the Math 3 Atrium between sessions to get your questions answered. Booths are staffed by admissions officers, the Associate Dean for Co-op, Math in Europe advisor, and advisors and students from all of the programs in Computer Science, Math Business and Accounting programs, and the Math majors.
- Take a 40-minute student-led tour of the Math Faculty buildings - everything from academic to student life is covered: you'll see classrooms, labs, and study spaces; you'll meet students at the Clubs Information Fair in MC; and you'll learn about the pink tie tradition.
- Conclude your day in Village 1 residence with a tour, followed by a Math Faculty Alumni Career Panel and dinner. If you're not in a hurry to head home or you'd like to avoid the traffic leaving campus, consider planning this option into your day. Meet at the M3-Atrium Welcome Booth at 4:30 pm and a Math Faculty Ambassador will take you to Village 1 residence. The residence tour, dinner, and career panel run from 5-7 pm. Registration is required.