Due to COVID-19, for the winter 2020 term only, we will accept CR for prerequisite courses.
Due to COVID-19, for the spring 2020 term, we will accept online labs.
Due to COVID-19, for the fall 2020 term, we will accept online labs.
Due to COVID-19, for the winter 2021 term, we will accept online labs.
For additional help, please first review all the pages of the Future Optometry Student site and the FAQ. If you still have questions, contact the appropriate resource from our contact page Need some answers? We’re here to help!
The OD program is a second-entry program meaning entrants require a number of university courses prior to entry. There are also non-academic requirements that must be met.
- Three or more years of BSc (with five courses per term for six terms, not including labs), prerequisite courses, and overall average
- Optometry Admissions Test (OAT), proof of citizenship, English language requirements, Non-academic application sections, Meet & Greet, police check, and CASPer
- Meet & Greet
- The final non-academic requirement will be a Meet & Greet. See the Meet & Greet page.
- Selection criteria
- Profile of past first-year students
- Factors not considered by the admissions committee
- Deferment and transfer
- Application fee, tuition fees & supplies, housing, meals, and other costs, financial aid & student awards