Undergraduate students who participate in one of the approved full-time exchange programs between the University of Waterloo and other universities may be eligible for financial assistance through this fund. Students must have demonstrated University of Waterloo student leadership and campus involvement, have maintained a minimum B overall average, and must demonstrate financial need. Candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents and have lived in Ontario for the entire 12-month period prior to beginning their post-secondary education.
two or three awards ranging from $500-$2,500 available annually
- participating in one of the approved full-time exchange programs between the University of Waterloo and other universities
- demonstrated UW student leadership and campus involvement
- minimum 75% overall average
- financial need
- lived in Ontario for the entire 12-month period prior to beginning their post-secondary education
- Complete the general International Experience Award Application form.
- Access the application on our Forms page.
- Attach required documentation (refer to application form).
- Only submit one general form to be considered for the majority of available international experience awards, unless a specific form or process is indicated.
- Apply prior to your departure term, by above term deadline.
Please contact the Undergraduate Awards Assistant if you have questions about this award.