Top funding opportunities
Co-operative Education Tax Credit (CETC): 25-30 per cent tax credit, up to $3,000 per 12-16 week work term. For Ontario-based co-op employers.
Ontario Innovation Tax Credit (OITC): 10% refundable tax credit, up to $300,000 per year. For Ontario corporations that hire students for scientific research and experimental development.
National Research Council Canada Industrial Research Assistance Programs (NRC-IRAP): Up to $30,000 for a graduate student's salary. For Canadian manufacturing companies.
SMART Program: Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters: 50% funding up to $50,000 per project. For small and medium-sized businesses.
Scientific Research and Experimental Development Program: 20-35% investment tax credits. For Canadian corporations that conduct scientific research and experimental development.
Emerging Technology Program: Up to 50% investment towards eligible project costs. For Northern Ontario private sector, governmental, and non-profit businesses.
Industrial Undergraduate Research Assistance (NSERC): Awards $4,500 for a 12-16 week work term. For private companies that hire undergraduate researchers.
Export Market Access: A Global Expansion Program: Grant coverage up to 50% of eligible costs. For operations at least two years old, with five to 500 employees and minimum annual sales totaling $500,000.
More funding opportunities
- Achieving Innovation & Manufacturing Excellence
- Canada Summer Jobs
- Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit Program
- Industrial R&D Fellowships Program
- NextGen Biofuels Fund
- Northern Ontario Youth Internship and Co-op Program
- Northern Scientific Training Program
- Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
- Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- Ontario Production Services Tax Credit
- Sustainable Development, Technology Canada (SDTC)
- The Funding Portal (find govenment grants and financing)
- Undergraduate Research Internship (URI) Program (uWaterloo faculty only)
Co-op funding opportunities outside Ontario
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
Funding opportunities for hiring regular stream students
- Hiring a non-co-op student? Visit funding opportunities for hiring non-co-op students.
- Hiring a graduate? Visit Hire Graduate Enterprise Internship (note: funds are no longer available).
If you have questions about any of the programs on the list, please contact the associated agency directly.