You are here

How do I apply for OSAP?

How to start a new OSAP application

The OSAP year is the same as your academic year; it begins in the fall term and proceeds to the following spring term. You will need to apply for OSAP each academic year. The OSAP application is generally available in May of each year for the upcoming academic year.

Apply online

The OSAP application is available on the OSAP website

To apply online you will need an OSAP account.  If you already have an OSAP account and have forgotten your Ontario Access Number (OAN) or password please visit the financial aid office of any Ontario college or university for assistance.  Be sure to have your government issued photo identification and your SIN card when inquiring about your OSAP account.

When you have completed your application mail or drop off your Consent & Signature pages along with any required supporting documents to the Student Awards & Financial Aid office at the University of Waterloo.

You will also be required to print, read and sign the Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) and take it to a designated Canada Post outlet. They will mail the document to the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) on your behalf. Please do not send this form to the Student Awards & Financial Aid office.

Apply using a paper application

There are some situations where you will need to use a paper application to apply for OSAP.  The paper application is available for printing on the OSAP website

Please submit your completed paper application, with all required signatures and any other required supporting documentation to the uWaterloo Student Awards & Financial Aid Office.

Please note: Once your application has been processed you will need to log into your OSAP account and print a Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA).  Complete this form and take it to a designated Canada Post outlet. They will mail the document to the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) on your behalf. Do not send this form to the Student Awards & Financial Aid office.

How to add a term to an existing OSAP assessment

Complete the NEW Extension Form if you have already applied for OSAP for the current academic year and would like to update your existing assessment due to one of the following reasons:

  1. You are returning for an additional academic term during the same academic year
  2. You are on co-op work term and require additional funding for living costs
  3. You have completed an undergraduate degree and are returning as graduate student


OSAP & your Promissory Note

Spring OSAP amounts will be posted to student Quest accounts under ‘Anticipated Aid’ on an ongoing basis over the next several weeks. Keep checking Quest to see if it’s been loaded, then you will be able to complete your Promissory Note.

Spring 2014 OSAP processing

Our office is currently processing Spring extension forms received prior to April 3, 2014. If you submit your extension form to the Student Awards & Financial Aid office by April 1, 2014 we will guarantee that your OSAP assessment will be available on Quest in time for you to complete your Promissory Note by the April 28th deadline.

2013 T4/T4A slips are now available

T4s (tax receipts for income earned from University of Waterloo) and T4As (tax receipts for scholarship, bursary and award funding from University of Waterloo) for 2013 are now available online by logging in to myHRinfo on the Human Resources website, using your Quest username and password.

Interactive budget calculator

This calculator has been designed to help you plan for the cost of your education.

Confirmation of Enrolment Processing

Confirmation of Enrolment processing will continue regularly throughout the term. It takes approximately 7 business days for funding to be deposited to your bank account.  Please note there could be several deposits depending on the type of funding you are receiving-  provincial loans or grants, federal loans or grants.  Deposits for the 30% Off Ontario Tuition grant may take longer than 7 days.