Apply for part-time OSAP each term
Step 1: Log in to your OSAP account using your Ontario Access Number (OAN) and password
- First time applicants will need to create an account, a personal profile and be assigned an Ontario Access Number (OAN). Keep this in a memorable place as you will need it each time you log in to the OSAP website.
Step 2: Start a new part time OSAP application each term
- Part-time OSAP is applied for term by term.
- You will be asked to provide information about your program, course load and income.
Step 3: Submit the application
- At the end of the application, click ‘Submit’ and review the list of required documents.
Step 4: Upload required documents (if applicable)
- Student Awards & Financial Aid (SAFA) at Waterloo will review all documents.
Step 5: Confirmation of enrolment
- SAFA will confirm your enrolment with the Ministry of Colleges and Universities. Funding is released 7-10 days after the confirmation of enrolment is completed.
Becoming fees arranged
Use anticipated aid on quest for your promissory note submission.
If it is not showing, you can upload a copy of your part-time funding summary from your OSAP account when submitting your promissory note to become fees arranged.
Confirmation of Enrolment with OSAP
SAFA will confirm your enrolment. We start this process at the beginning of each term and continue it throughout the term.
In order to have your enrolment confirmed:
- you must be fees arranged with Waterloo for the term in which you have applied to OSAP
- all program information on your application (including program, study period, course load, etc.) must match Quest
- all supporting documents must be received and approved
Receive your OSAP funding
OSAP funding is sent directly to the University of Waterloo to pay fees owing each term. Any remaining OSAP funding will be deposited in your bank account when your fees are paid in full.
If you are receiving the Ontario part-time grant cheque it will be sent by mail. The Ministry will contact the student to verify mailing address.