App iconography is inspired by one of the brand’s strongest signifiers: the colour bar. All icons should be visually consistent and appear part of a set.
App icons should only be used to represent the app, and should not be used as or in place of a logo.
- Keep it simple
- Make it relevant to the app itself
- Consistency is key
- Use a 32-pixel (px) square grid as the canvas.
- Each icon should not go beyond 6 px from all edges.
- The continuous stroke or outline of the icon should be 2 px wide and evenly distributed into the four colour blocks from colour palette that has been used.
- Icons should look scaled evenly as a set. Depending on the overall proportion of the icon, carefully consider how it fills the content area.
- Use a black background.
- Cross-faculty icons should use the University colour palette.
Portal app icon
WatSafe app icon
Faculty app icon
Sample icon in-context